Lake Anna To Get F1 Tiger Bass

I just saw in Woods & Waters that VDGIF is to stock 70,000 F1 Tiger Bass in Lake Anna next June.

I guess after seeing how well they've done in the Chickahominy and now that they're surviving in SML they decided to bring them to Anna.

This is great news in my opinion. Anna has always been the dead sea for me, but at least this gives me some incentive to get over there in the next 5 years.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    I read in a article a few months back they have put a few thousand of them in Anna in the past 2 years and tracking them to see the growth rate. Either way. It’s a good thing. They have done great on the chick and Smith Mountain Lake
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

3. Member
    Hmm, interesting. I know the chick has really come back both with numbers and the average weight of the fish landed per tournament results, but has the same thing happened with Smith Mountain? Has the average weight of those fish gone up?

4. Member
    Hope it works. Pamunkey was stocked it never did well.

anna large mouth have so much bait to eat they could care less about my lure.
    conditions have to be perfect for tx weights to be good.

Lowest winning weight for my trail this year was 19 lbs.

All my opinion

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I know the chick has really come back both with numbers and the average weight of the fish landed per tournament results, but has the same thing happened with Smith Mountain? Has the average weight of those fish gone up?
    On average, it's been taking 18-21 pounds to win tournaments at SML. It has been this way for several years.
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

I hope it works. As well as it has worked on the Chick, in spite of how many fish are taken out of the river and released at Osborne, this stocking program deserves great attention. I never new they tried F-1's on the Pamunkey!