helix 10 G2N stand by mode

hey guy's new to posting.If I put my helm unit that is ethernet connected on stand by mode and go to the bow unit and mark a waypoint ,will it show up on the helm unit that is in stand by mode.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roygulch View Post
    hey guy's new to posting.If I put my helm unit that is ethernet connected on stand by mode and go to the bow unit and mark a waypoint ,will it show up on the helm unit that is in stand by mode.
    All stand by mode does is reduce the power to it, basically putting it to sleep temporarily, the unit is on so I would think so

3. Member
    It will when you turn it back on. Those waypoints on helix are only shown on the other units, not actually transferred. If both units are on and shared all waypoints will show up on all units that are on. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Really no reason to put the console unit on standby other than saving power which is not substantial. Unlike the bow unit transducer while running, the console unit transducer is still in the water so no potential damage should occur.

5. Member
    I've noticed when my Helix 10 SI Gen1 is in standby mode I can still (faintly) see the screen with changing depth and I hear it mark fish when "fish ID" is turned on. So I wonder what it really turns off, other than the screen, when it's in standy mode.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    I've noticed when my Helix 10 SI Gen1 is in standby mode I can still (faintly) see the screen with changing depth and I hear it mark fish when "fish ID" is turned on. So I wonder what it really turns off, other than the screen, when it's in standy mode.
    Turns off the transducer pinging.

7. Member
    Except for the bolded part:

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post

8. Member
    The screen is a major part of the units amp draw. The dimmer the less the draw. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    I put my console unit in standby mode when fishing at bow and by myself. Eliminates crosstalk thus improving screen clarity. I do the same when lifting trolling motor to the bow screens and then returning to console

Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    I put my console unit in standby mode when fishing at bow and by myself. Eliminates crosstalk thus improving screen clarity. I do the same when lifting trolling motor to the bow screens and then returning to console
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    thanks for the info guys.coming from core 899 unints,to the helix 10 makes this old man's head hurt.