Xcalibur VS other lipless cranks

What’s your go to lipless crank bait. I love my one knocker xcalibur so much I’ve packed them away & started throwing the booyah bait. They also catch fist but impo they’re not as durable. My second choice is a spro checkmate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Dogfish_Jones
    I’ve had a many of the Bill Lewis Rat-L-Traps get the paint rubbed away from the front hook. My experience is that most lipless cranks get tore up pretty good after a full day of fishing them. I’ve usually peel the paint of the nose section first from banging them off rocks, stumps and at times those dang low hanging limbs..........

3. Member
    The strike king tungsten 2 tap and yozuri rattling vibe is about all I throw now. Used to be stuck on excalibur

4. Member
    Red eye Shad, rat l trap,

I've not found one that comes through vegetation as well as the Xcalibers, that was the thing I always loved about them. I honestly can't even figure out why. I'm out of them, and haven't had the same luck with the Booyahs or any other with getting them to be ripped cleanly through the weeds nearly as well without coming back with a fist full of stuff attached. The fact that I'm not sure what to look for on a lipless to make it come through cleanly doesn't help. Squarebills, absolutely, I can look at one and tell you whether it'll come through grass well or not. Lipless are another story. That's probably why I rarely throw them anymore.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Booyah and excalibur are same. Just crappier components and paint job. Dont think the booyah one knocker and xrk have the same sound. Use the strike king tungsten 2 tap on guntersville and it does well in vegetation

H20 Xpress LCR from Academy. Same body as a Spro Aruku, decent VMC hooks. Great baits, catch them on sale and buy bags of them.

8. Member
    I'll only throw the OLD CC One Knockers in the fall. Wont mess with any of the others out there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    The strike king tungsten 2 tap and yozuri rattling vibe is about all I throw now. Used to be stuck on excalibur
    Same here. The only problem I’ve had with the 2-tap is it will roll over if you’ve got the trolling motor on high trying to cover water.

10. Member
    Around here LV 500 is king
    Jackall is also a good one
    I still have and use the old Cotton cordell one oz one knocker (one of the best striper lures ever made)

11. Member
    Love the lv100s when I'm fishing up shallow on flats or around rocks. If I'm out a little deeper then the lv rto 250 is great. Has a bigger nose so it deflects off of rocks better than alot of others I've tried. And cant go wrong with a red eye shad.

12. Member
    I like the TD Team Daiwa Vibrations. They hold up well, run true and work well when pumped during the retrieve. I like the 3/4 oz best.

I like throwing the Red Eye Shad.
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

I'm throwing a lot of booyah and some of the newer perch color rattle traps.

15. Member
    yo-zuri 3db vibe1/2oz. is my lipless. i have excalibur one knockers and they don't get bit as much as a yo-zuri.

16. Member
    Silent Red Eye Shad

17. Member
    I throw Red Eye shads, Rat L Trap’s, 6th sense but I own quite a few different ones. I just purchased some suspending ones. I love lipless cranks.

I mostly toss the Excalibur's and Red eye shads ...but none seem to be maintained in pristine condition...they are workhorses for me, so banging off rocks and gravel, along with vegetation take it's toll on the finish over time.

19. Member
    I have confidence in the Xcalibur. They seem to work when others don’t. The Yo-Zuri is my second choice, but Xcalibur outfishes all the others 10-1 for me. One color out performs all the others. I’m going to have some repainted to that color as I run out. I use them year round in grass.

I have most major brands of lipless cranks. I’m guessing I have more than a hundred lipless baits.

I was at a gas station near Lake Amistad, Del Rio, Texas a couple of years ago after the Xcaliburs were discontinued. There was about a 6’ X 6’ wall section with Xcaliburs. I bought the whole wall. Paid full retail.

20. Member
    LV 500 for me.