Solix woes continue, need some help

My Solix woes continue. The problem - my console unit's 2D and DI will lock up and not read depth. The screen shows a solid bar at the top where shallow depth is and it almost looks like nothing can penetrate it. I had it fixed once with the help of a poster on here turning off the Global setting in the General Settings tab and the Chart tab of the settings screen. However, the problem started back. Now I am wondering if I have all my global settings turned off. I keep reading where there are a lot of global settings but I only know of two places where these settings are and that is in the settings menu. Where are all the others? Might even be the transducer, but I hate to buy and install another transducer simply as a shot in the dark. The bow unit works fine. It is a Solix as well. The networking between the two works fine. The 2D and the DI of the console unit just simply quits reading beyond 1.8 feet. I can restore defaults, it will work for a while, then lock up again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

Once one of my Solix units starts acting up like this I will do the following on both units:

A full factory restore of defaults
    Resync the network
    Turn of all globals
    Adjust my settings
    create a fresh copy of my menu settings on SD card

I do this about once a month – it sucks but my units can’t go much more than that before they freak out
    Seems the more settings you like to change the sooner the units freak out

Most of this is due to the global conflict issue and the global setting randomly turning back on
    "The handicapped angler"