Question I found a few fish... Are my images good?

Solix 12 G2. A few pics are grainy because I had it on MAX mode a couple times. I did actually catch a striper trolling. Just can not find crappie. That is what Ive been looking for. Im stumped. LOL
    snp1213192527.jpg

snp1213192707.jpg

snp1213194756.jpg I believe its this pic. SI shows fish and DI and 2D do not. Its taken me some getting used to. Seeing fish out to the side. I caught a small striper cuz I just happened to be trolling a lure off the left side.

snp1213192821.jpg
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    Not bad at all. I'm still learning with my helix...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Solix 12 G2. A few pics are grainy because I had it on MAX mode a couple times. I did actually catch a striper trolling. Just can not find crappie. That is what Ive been looking for. Im stumped. LOL
    snp1213192527.jpg

snp1213192707.jpg

snp1213194756.jpg I believe its this pic. SI shows fish and DI and 2D do not. Its taken me some getting used to. Seeing fish out to the side. I caught a small striper cuz I just happened to be trolling a lure off the left side.

snp1213192821.jpg
    Try turning your sensitivity down to make it easier to see fish supended past the water column. That should also take out the cloudy look in water column making it easer to see fish there. When scanning docks, try using a shorter range and/or viewing only the dock side of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    Try turning your sensitivity down to make it easier to see fish supended past the water column. That should also take out the cloudy look in water column making it easer to see fish there. When scanning docks, try using a shorter range and/or viewing only the dock side of the screen.
    Thanks for the tips. When adjust SI sensitivity does it also adjust the DI sensitivity? I've been wondering about seeing fish off to the side on the SI. Like 10 for sensitivity?
    " A Few Good Fish"

Thanks for the tips. When adjust SI sensitivity does it also adjust the DI sensitivity? I've been wondering about seeing fish off to the side on the SI. Like 10 for sensitivity?
    Separate setting for Sonar, Down Imaging, and Side Imaging.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Adjusting SI sensitivity on an Onix doesn't adjust the DI sensitivity - probably not for Solix either. Setting for sensitivity is not a "one setting fits all" number. Hard bottom needs lower sens. while soft bottom needs higher. I see this a lot when scanning docks - dock side is closer to shore and frequently has hard bottom while other side is deeper and often softer bottom. I made the comment about lowering sens. based on the pictures you posted. Another day - another area and you might need to increase the sens. Solix has features the Onix doesn't have so you will get better info from your manual or Solix videos than from me.

Alright I'm learning lots here. Thank you very much. I'm glad sensitivity is separate for DI and SI. I'll be back out on the water to play with more settings. Lol.
    " A Few Good Fish"