Thread: RMP Light

RMP Light

I love the light on the power pole, but I seem to go through one per season. They go dim, and or start blinking. Have they addressed the cause for this? I see it happen on lots of other boats as well.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The new ones feature a LED light, from what ive heard this took care of the issue.

I asked about led lights some time ago but was never told yea or nay. I have their lights on both of my power poles. Can these be changed to leds or do you have to buy a whole new light?
    Last edited by tracer1; 12-16-2019 at 06:09 AM.

I had the same problem and RMP was qiuck on getting me a new one. One thing I did is if the inside of the holder is full of RTV I removed it and was able to replace the bulb with another LED (https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...0-lumens/4216/) is the one I used. But if the inside is not RTV you have no way of doing that.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

I asked about led lights some time ago but was never told yea or nay. I have their lights on both of my power poles. Can these be changed to leds or do you have to buy a whole new light?

Don't know if the video was for me but if it was, doesn't make sense. Don't need to know how to install. Both of mine are already install & work fine, was just asking if I could change them to led. Mine are not like the one in the video anyway. Mine re taller & white.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Simply posted the video not for the install but to show you the new redesign and the new led light. If you want the answer to your specific question I recommend you just give RMP a call and will have an answer quickly.

8. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I have had mine for going on three years from RMP; not one problem. Love it.

I asked the specific question because you're a dealer on here & just thought you might know. Yea, I can call RMP

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    I asked the specific question because you're a dealer on here & just thought you might know. Yea, I can call RMP
    We are a Power Pole dealer yes! However, Power Pole does not make the light, there fore we do not know if it can be modified or not. It is produced and sold by RMP hence why we said call and ask RMP directly.