My Best Fishing Pard

So back last May I give John a ring. Tell him the big crappies are on fire at our favorite hole. John replies things are a little sticky around here right now. Let me call you tomorrow first thing in the morning. In all the years I have fished with John he was always eager to go. Regardless of how short the notice.

Sure enough 530 AM my I-phone goes off. Its John and he will be at my place in 30 minutes. As normal I hitch boat up and sure enough within a couple of minutes. John shows up in his beat up old pick up. We exchange morning greetings and off we go on an hour drive to the lake. John barely speaks the during the long drive. I chalk up to maybe he isn't feeling all that great this morning.

We launch the boat without a problem and motor over to nearby bridge. Set up shop and immediately begin hauling in huge slab crappies. Continues this way until about 1 pm. John has returned to his normal self and is chatting profusely like he normally does. Again I figure whatever was bugging him has flown the coop.

All of a sudden he stands up in the boat and removes his hat. He stands there like a soldier on parade drill. I notice a funeral procession of cars crossing the nearby bridge. As the last car disappears into the horizon. John resumes to fishing and being sit down.

I wasn't going to mention it but my curiosity finally got the better of me. After about another hour or so. I asked John you know that was mighty Christian of you . Showing the utmost respect to that funeral convoy. Never knew you in all these years to be that pious and respectful.

Well hell Bill, I was married to the woman for 40 years. Thought it was the least I could do.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Hahahahaha
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

7. Member

8. Member
    Doh!
    Praying for a Cure