Thread: New prop

New prop

I have a 19 200 Pro XS 4S TM on a Ranger 518L 22 tempest plus and now that it’s cold and if I am running a light load I can get close to the 6000-6100 rpms summer and tournament load 5800. I believe that it’s the best prop for my set up but am not a expert. Boat jumps out of the hole no matter what the load is and has great lift. I am thinking about getting a back up prop, but instead use my current prop as a back up and get a new one to run if better performance is possible by buying one tuned up a bit. So I guess the question is should I get a blueprinted prop or something to get a little more top end performance and where should I buy one from. I would like to hear some ideas ?

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

2. Member
    the question is do you want to blue print the prop you have or buy a new one and have it blue printed. If your running loaded at 5800 have it blue printed and see how much it gains then buy a new prop to have as a spare.

Any recommendations for where to send a prop to have it blue printed and what should I expect to pay ?

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by mbeachy View Post
    Any recommendations for where to send a prop to have it blue printed and what should I expect to pay ?
    Only one place to send it as far as I'm concerned... http://www.marksprops.com/

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    You need a 21P...not blueprinting IMHO.

6. Member
    I would go with a used second prop. The Tempest Plus was my favorite prop. I have a totally different set-up but I went from a 19P Tempest Plus 6500 RPM to a Rev 4 19P 6500 RPM and gained 4 MPH. The Rev 4 is almost like the Tempest but has 4 blades. I then purchased a 20P DAH modified Rev 4 but have not had a chance to try it due to hard water. I got both props for around $400 ea. New price is close to $800. To have your prop reworked might cost close to $300, and you still will not have a back-up. See if you can borrow a few from buddies if possible to see what works best. All of mine had too big or small so I end up buying then reselling to figure it out. I also had a 19P Enertia which was OK but didn't do anything great for my boat. I am no expert but certain prop profiles appear to work better with certain hulls. Good luck.
    Ches,
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor