No Quick Release Bracket for the Force = Garmin fail

Before I ordered my Force I had a lengthy discussion with Garmin about a quick release bracket for the Force. I currently have an XI5 and they seemed to indicate that bracket would work. Well I finally got the Force and it doesn't. I watched a the Russell Marine install video and they said the Force uses the same mounting holes as the Fortrex/Ultrex. Ok, so I got the MKA-23 Quick Release Bracket for the Ultrex/Foretrex, it doesn't work either. . I called up Garmin and they said they have no quick release bracket and have not heard of one coming. A big Garmin fail. My boat is not normally kept inside and I want to be able to take a 3K unit off my boat to store it inside. I also plan on getting a second boat and want to be able to switch the motor between the two. Luckily I have easy access to the mounting area of the front of my boat so I can keep tightening and retightening to move the motor but a quick pull handle would be alot easier.

Chris

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    How is that a "Failure" if there was never an intention to have QR bracket??? You buying a bracket made for particular brand product and want to use it for another brand and complain it dont work.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Garmin said it would work the first time I contacted them.

4. Member
    "They seemed to indicate it would work" is not much of an endorsement to me. Just saying it's not their fault it does not work
    Risen From The Ashes!!

5. Member
    So your saying you couldn't trill new holes for the garmin to make it work??

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    New holes problem solved?

7. Member
    Garmin failed to think of creating a quick release bracket. They are handy is all

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l View Post
    Before I ordered my Force I had a lengthy discussion with Garmin about a quick release bracket for the Force. I currently have an XI5 and they seemed to indicate that bracket would work. Well I finally got the Force and it doesn't. I watched a the Russell Marine install video and they said the Force uses the same mounting holes as the Fortrex/Ultrex. Ok, so I got the MKA-23 Quick Release Bracket for the Ultrex/Foretrex, it doesn't work either.
    You say "doesn't work". Why? Do the holes not line up? The MKA-23 specs say it's compatible with Ultrex, Fortrex, Maxxum and Edge. I had a Maxxum. Pulled it off and put on and Edge. Used same holes. Pulled the Edge off and put on a Force. Used same holes. Take a pic and show us the problem.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    I can’t get pictures to load. The holes definitely don’t line up. I get that the hole patterns for the ultrex and the force are the same but the Mka-23 quick release bracket is different/off. The box says that it definitely works with the ultrex (does the ultrex base have more than 6 mounting holes?). I don’t think a puck/top quick release bracket will work for either the ultrex or force because 6 mounting holes are to narrow (on the inside of the unit).
    My next step is to try the MKA-52/62 (again made for the ultrex/foretrex). This design looks a lot better. Has two sliding plates (one mounted to the motor and one plate mounted to the boat) that interlock. And from the picture of it it has 6 holes that seams to match the skinny rectangle pattern of the force).
    Last edited by Chris9702l; 12-14-2019 at 10:36 PM.

10. Member
    Bumping this to see if any quick mount works with the Garmin Force??

11. Member
    In for comments.

8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

13. Member
    Thank you

14. Banned
    I have MK-47 that I use for my fortrex so That i can switch it easy. If you can find one good. I love mine and will use it when I can afford the force

15. Member
    I had one custom
    made for my force TM. It lasted 2 months then a gator grabbed the TM and broke the bracket. Now working on version 2.0

16. Member
    I have that one (MK52/62), on my boat and the holes matched perfectly!