Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warm golf trips planned?

Who is going where?
    plannin a February golf trip with the wife and another couple to Cabo.
    never been, but it has to be warm in February.
    Last years trip to Palm Desert in February was a bust-cold, cloudy, and lots of courses washed out which put increased pressure on those that weren’t.
    planning one gets me a little off the hook for all the hunting in December and January.

2. Member
    Just got back from pebble beach,spyglass and Spanish bay

3. Member
    Not a bad trip! How was the weather?
    How was the golf?

4. Member
    7 inches of rain in the 3 days we were there , 40 mph winds with 60 gust for pebble beach, spyglass and Spanish bay were not that windy . Of the 3 courses pebble beach was my least favorite, it has some tv holes but most are no more than one of our muni courses. Spyglass and Spanish bay were great. Never learned to putt on those greens ,thought I was just playing bad only broke 90 on Spanish bay,then came home and shot 73 at south lakes,I think those courses just kicked my butt,trip of a lifetime

5. Member
    Wow on the trip

6. Member
    Five more weeks of Chemo and Rad and then wife and I are planning on some golf...(good Lord willing). She has some bucket list trips so will try to get in one or two.
    Fingers crossed. Hope she plays good golf...but would really like to kick her ass!!!

7. Member
    Wow! Weather in Oklahoma was probably better. Tough golf.
    Nice trip of bucket list of courses knocked out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Five more weeks of Chemo and Rad and then wife and I are planning on some golf...(good Lord willing). She has some bucket list trips so will try to get in one or two.
    Fingers crossed. Hope she plays good golf...but would really like to kick her ass!!!
    Glad you two have a trips to look forward to making.
    We always try and play some golf on our trips together.
    when we don’t, it feels like we are missing an opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy our time.

9. Member
    Yup...I do know one place I want to go is in Alabama I believe....part of the Howard Trent Jones...can't think of name right now...but remember lots of mangroves...was beautiful...got chased off by storm. Don't believe was General....but something like that.

Going no place warm. Got to wait for warmer weather. In the mean time I'll hit balls as much as I can in my back yard hitting area.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

11. Member
    Could be wrong but I believe it's called the Judge.....would like to go back and finish this one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Could be wrong but I believe it's called the Judge.....would like to go back and finish this one.
    The Judge would be one of the courses that is part of the Robert Trent Jones trail in Prattville Alabama (north of Montgomery). Havent played it, only the ones in North Alabama.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

13. Member
    Wife has planned a march trip to a golf school with three friends at Palm Coast Florida north of Daytona at a Jack Nicklaus course.3 days of school and one to hang and relax. I figure my spring fishing trips are now golden.

14. Member
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt

and thank you....was beautiful.

When I heal up from this back surgery, im hoping to go to Sedona, Arizona next December to play golf with my old swing coach. Havent swung a club since 2016 and he had me swinging to a 4 handicap back then. Two back surgeries later I cant wait to hopefully play with an old friend
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

16. Member
    Very nice....hope all goes as planned

17. Member
    Leaving on a road trip for Phoenix/Sedona in the morning and taking the clubs with me. Hoping to get a round or two in. It has been a few months since I played after aggravating a wrist injury. Hoping it goes well!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Leaving on a road trip for Phoenix/Sedona in the morning and taking the clubs with me. Hoping to get a round or two in. It has been a few months since I played after aggravating a wrist injury. Hoping it goes well!
    Nice road trip. Your will see some country. Are you going to hit the Wastemanagement tournament? Everyone else will be there!
    Have a good trip.

19. Member
    Well hopefully here in a couple weeks after I check in with cancer doctor at Duke my wife and I are going to play Tobacco road (I believe it's called) I may only get in nine but she'll do 18. Heard good things about this coarse.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Nice road trip. Your will see some country. Are you going to hit the Wastemanagement tournament? Everyone else will be there!
    Have a good trip.
    That would be nice, but do not have plans to unfortunately. Will definitely be a future trip one day though. My road trip last year was 5200 miles so this one won’t be quite as long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast