Chicamauga conditions

I have a couple of days off next week and thought I'd give it a try, unless it's a wreck. Can anyone tell me if it's worth the drive or should I go elsewhere
    Thanks

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Honestly, I have been struggling there over the past month. I went with my son last Sunday, 9th, and we didn't catch a single bass and he is usually pretty good up there. I don't know what it is. I am fishing around bait and have a variety of lures to offer, just no takers. Maybe the lake getting hammered day in and out is beginning to cause catching issues. Fall has always been my favorite, and most successful time for numbers, just not this year.

2016 BassCat Puma / 250 SHO

4. Member
    Chick is feast or famine this time of year. If you're on'em, you're on'em. If you're not, its going to be tough. I would say, if you have been here before in the winter and have had success, come on down. If not, I would recommend hitting a different lake.

This lake is different: "find the bait, find the fish" does not always work. There is an abundance of bait but the amount of pressure this lake gets keeps the bass scattered out.
    2014 BassCat PII
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    http://offthechartsboating.com

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I just got back this week and it was a grind. Water looked great and was 50+/- degrees. Bass didn't really want to cooperate, but I did manage to get into some 15lb-20lb striper one of which broke my Conquest 904C

I'll be back down to redeem myself sooner than later....

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Banned
    The lake is currently 6.25' below full pool. Water temps are low 50's. Either have good mapping on your locator or slow down once out of the channel. Square bills have worked for us the past couple of weeks but no size.

Bill

7. Member
    Thanks Bill