Thread: Garcia???

Garcia???

Anybody been out there? Is it still choked up and low? I want to go there but not make the drive only to find you can't get out to the lake. Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    I was there a little over 2 weeks ago and could not get out to the main lake. Low water and choked up in the channel.

3. Member
    what is the best route from the ramp to get to the main lake?

4. Member
    I was there Monday, take the right channel from the ramp, was clear....left channel is choked a ways down the channel.

5. Member
    so run down along the right side channel that parallels the road to the end following the edge of the lake correct?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecold View Post
    so run down along the right side channel that parallels the road to the end following the edge of the lake correct?
    Yes sir, u got it!

7. Banned
    Last time I was there, you could make the run that Icecold is talking about, but a lot of the lake was choked up and we could not get to most of the areas south of the area we call 4 corners.

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Once you get to the far (north) end, paralleling the road and make the turn, if it was me I'd stay up against the pvc poles that are on your left (south).. When we were there, we got off plane and idled along that north end, heading west, near the tree line and twice bumped culverts or something "hard".. We didn't want to disturb boats that were fishing, so we stayed closer to the tree line. Boat was fine, but still..

9. Member
    Fished Garcia Saturday. Both ways were open. If you run to the left from the ramp stay on plane. 512 run was clear and water good to run. Just stay on plane until you make the left turn then can come off or stay running. We did well in the main lake in the deeper water and well in the pad fields. Caught 25 fish on Sunday.

10. Member
    Does it clear out as it gets colder? Catch any big ones?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecold View Post
    Does it clear out as it gets colder? Catch any big ones?
    With that lake your never know because of the ways out to the lake. Colder does help, however, wind plays a bigger roll. Also depends on if they are moving water and spraying. Biggest was just over 5.