Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjbubba View Post
    I wish rockwall would take my trade I really like Rockwall marine good people there.
    Andrew at Rossmotorsports will take care of they are always welcoming trades.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

2. Member
    Another vote for Jeff at Bill's Marine. Real genuine folks!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Another vote for Jeff at Bills Marine in Monett
    great guy to work with and knows his stuff also.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Its a long way from you, but Sherm's Marine in Indiana takes trades. It is best if you trade in has a Mercury motor. Most dealers will take trades if you are trading a boat with the brand of motor that they can service.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    Legacy Marine at Kentucky lake takes trade ins . When I trade in my cougar for the puma I’m in now I felt very pleased with what Chris gave me for my boat .

6. Member
    My dealer in California takes trades, but I do better when they sell it for me on consignment.

7. Member
    If couldn't find a dealer as of yet, Century Marine does trade-ins and has some new 2019 and 2020s including a new Jaguar and Puma SP.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

8. Member
    i know your in Texas but boatmasters in livermore takes trades.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    This is Mark (Service Manager) from Aqua Tech Marine in Palm Bay, FL. We would be more than happy to work with you and are getting ready to order more boats now as we have sold through most of what we have in stock. Not sure what you're looking for but you can give Josh (Sales Manager) a call at 321-503-4001 and he would be happy to get you taken care of!

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Pretty sad that the boat market is so bad that most dealers wont even take a trade. I’m really surprised that more bass boat manufacturers haven’t gone out of business than have.

whats worse is the price of new and how much money one loses after only a short time of ownership.

H2O Fowl,

Bass boat manufacturers have been going out of business our entire company life cycle. In the 1980’s we had over 60 competitor companies at one time. Bass Cat is the oldest functioning tournament bass boat company without a failure. Dealers manage trades and we have several dealers who do trades. Some dealers are overstocked on used boats as the market is changing now in some aspects. The used boat markets are driven by warm weather and this is the higher point in the year for used boat inventory.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset41a View Post
    This is Mark (Service Manager) from Aqua Tech Marine in Palm Bay, FL. We would be more than happy to work with you and are getting ready to order more boats now as we have sold through most of what we have in stock. Not sure what you're looking for but you can give Josh (Sales Manager) a call at 321-503-4001 and he would be happy to get you taken care of!
    A buddy and I come to Palm Bay every February. Your dealership has bailed us out a couple times when stuff has broken. I wouldn’t hesitate to deal with this dealer if I were local, good people. I’ve bought two Cats from Sherm...he is for sure top shelf.

The crew at Cat does a good job with their dealers.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    If Horizon in Clarksville, AR is still a BassCat dealer they will trade for anything they don’t have to feed. Good folks!

H2o Sportz in Sherwood laughed the last time I talked about trade in on mine...probably all the way up the hill.....

15. Member
    Any current dealers taking in fairly new model trades?

16. Member
    dealers take trades the biggest problem with trades is alot of guys value their trade at what they owe on it rather than actual value.

17. Member
    I've tried reaching out to some dealers and a lot don't even want a trade

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    dealers take trades the biggest problem with trades is alot of guys value their trade at what they owe on it rather than actual value.
    I disagree. The problem with dealers and trades...dealers dont want to give a fair value...5 to 10k under, for example nada clean trade...is not "fair"...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I disagree. The problem with dealers and trades...dealers dont want to give a fair value...5 to 10k under, for example nada clean trade...is not "fair"...
    NADA trade in on Bass boats is much higher than market value. On a positive side, its what most finance companies use for purchasing.
    NADA shows my 2016 PII with all options (retail) 49,995.00. You can purchase a new PII (SP) for that price. Real market value on my boat is around 35-36k.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Member
    A few thoughts as I struggled through all this just recently:

1) Absolutely true this is a bad time of year to trade as many/most dealers have all the used boats they want right now.

2) Absolutely true that NADA is higher than real world market, sometimes MUCH higher, and again, even more so this time of year;; for nearly every market, say 90%+.

3) Absolutely true that many dealers are not very interested in trades REGARDLESS of price.

4) Absolutely true that some dealers, if they will trade at all, will LOW BALL the HELL out of you.

I started trying to find a buyer/trader for my Lynx in like August of last year (a bit late but still not 'off-season'). I talked to AT LEAST a dozen dealers in at least 8 states from all across the country (more like 15-20 in 12+ states I think). Ran into just a couple that were VERY nice and helpful but could not trade; but at least they were honest and up front about it and still helpful as they could be (ran into only 2 like that).

Finally circled back around to one closer to home I missed earlier in the process and contacted Horizon Marine in Clarksville, AR.

5) Absolutely true that Aaron at Horizon in Clarksville is a solid dude. He's not going to give you some crazy NADA value but he's not going to low ball you either! He is going to treat you straight and fair on your trade AND what you are replacing it with. He is going to do one of the best rigging jobs you will have seen. Honest and straight to a fault. Unless he sells out or really screws something up bad (can't see either), he's got my business and my recommendation; and I DO NOT give many of those to anyone.

Hope he can help you or that at least gives you some hope that there are still some good ones out there. I am happy to give you the name of the guys that were at least very straight forward, honest and helpful that could not trade as well if you like, just PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast