Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowrance Ghost on the Water Video

I promised several folks an on the water video when I took my Ghost out for the first time, so here you go...

Last edited by BQuiz; 01-19-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

2. Member
    Great review. So I take it that you are running that on the 24 volt system? Are they claiming around #97 of thrust? I love how the head doesn’t move. Seems like that’s where a lot of the noise is from on my Ultrex

That’s a clean setup , isn’t competition great .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Great review. So I take it that you are running that on the 24 volt system? Are they claiming around #97 of thrust? I love how the head doesn’t move. Seems like that’s where a lot of the noise is from on my Ultrex
    Correct - I’m running 24V.

I’d love to see how fast 36V would yank my little boat around!
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

5. Member

6. Member
    Thanks for this

Thanks for sharing! Looks very good. I was a little surprised at the noise it makes when turning, but I suppose that’s just me not knowing what to expect. I definitely like that the whole head doesn’t turn, seems like it should help with longevity in addition to what was mentioned above.

Apologies if you answered this and I missed it...did you happen to have an Ultrex before to comment on the noise in comparison? From what I can tell from the video it seems quieter, but obviously that’s just spitballing.

Also, completely off topic: anybody ever tell you that you sound like Mark Menendez? Guess it makes sense since you guys are from similar parts of the country, but the similarity is striking!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    Have you tested the ghost's spotlock in calm waters to see how it holds/performs? (compared to the ultrex in calm waters -- always over compensating (noisy) then eventually drifting off the spot)

9. Member
    Looks really nice

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by photocycle View Post
    Have you tested the ghost's spotlock in calm waters to see how it holds/performs? (compared to the ultrex in calm waters -- always over compensating (noisy) then eventually drifting off the spot)
    I have a ghost on my Bullet and it don't over compensate in calm water. This has been a known issue for lighter boats with the ultrex.

Nice!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Looks very good. I was a little surprised at the noise it makes when turning, but I suppose that’s just me not knowing what to expect. I definitely like that the whole head doesn’t turn, seems like it should help with longevity in addition to what was mentioned above.

Apologies if you answered this and I missed it...did you happen to have an Ultrex before to comment on the noise in comparison? From what I can tell from the video it seems quieter, but obviously that’s just spitballing.

Also, completely off topic: anybody ever tell you that you sound like Mark Menendez? Guess it makes sense since you guys are from similar parts of the country, but the similarity is striking!
    Mark Menendez is a Kentucky boy, yes. lol

I came from a Fortrex, but my tournament partner has a Minn Kota with spot lock and the Ghost is definitely quieter. There’s a little noise, as you can hear in the video, but not much.
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by photocycle View Post
    Haven’t been in dead calm yet, nope...I’ll do a follow up though.
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

I still say this motor has the best overall design of the three major brands

Very clean, looks strong with a lot of nice features

Amazed it took them this long to get it out there and still no software or remote for it

Motor looks like it turns faster than the Ultrex and sound to be the same amount of noise as my Ultrex

3.3mph with 24v is great I have a 21 foot Skeeter and get 3.1mph with a 36v Ultrex

not a Lowrance fan and doubt I’ll ever own a Lowrance unit again but I am jealous looking at this motor
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Banned
    Way quietier than the ultrex and the pedal is better than the ultrex pedal, just saying. MK has some work to do now.

17. Member
    No remote?
    Most days I don't even use my foot pedal.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

18. Banned
    Can the Ghost communicate with say a helix 10. If I want to spot lock myself on a way point can I do this. My guess is you would have to buy an adapter cable ...if offered. I'm not getting rid of the birds.

19. Banned
    Nope. You can spotlock on a wypt, but it won’t be because it’s working through the graph. You can slap a bird ducer on the ghost or wait until the new improved Ultrex comes out.

20. Banned
    I need to get another job .. I need one..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast