got the new to me tr196 out sunday,ran great

hello,new to Triton boats i bought a 2005 tr196 single console in exel shape 110 hours on 200 optimax engine,print out showed all was good with engine,the boat was empty and i ran it up to 68 mph and it seemed stable to me,lot of bow lift on take and back wash bad,i ordered a hole shot plate and need to learn when to hit the gas when coming off plane

2. Member
    Nice! I've had my new to me '05 since August. Been a learning curve to drive it but it's a great fishing platform. Enjoy!
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

3. Member
    Congrats....I love mine.....will never sell it. Runs and looks like new....and I prefer doing upgrades to buying new. If you run poles or talons...keep the weight forward of the consoles and it will perform great. Mine runs flat and is too fast for me (68.3 w/ tourney load, livewells, and 2 anglers).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Congrats on the new ride Jim! Sounds like a nice one. You'll get it figured out in no time!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

Glad you are enjoying it.

6. Member
    They are fun boats! They do backwash but not near as bad as some other boats around those years. Should be able to get into the low 70's with it.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    They are fun boats! They do backwash but not near as bad as some other boats around those years. Should be able to get into the low 70's with it.
    seems like a nice boat,i ran it up 68 and it was still eating the guy told me it would run around 73,i am still testing the water with it, before i open it up and see what it will do,my first bass boat was 87 shadow 20' tunnel hull with built 200 on it ,now thats a great boat to learn in lol

8. Member
    I love mine. Bought it new in 05 and it does everything I need a boat to do. I've never really had a back wash problem, although I do notice a bit more now that I have a couple of power poles. That boat does well with 8" of setback (I have a 6" jackplate and 2" spacers) and the propshaft about 2.5" under the pad. Mine would run in the low 70's with me and most of my stuff. Probably lost 1-2mph adding the PP's.

Tom Gates, 2005 Triton TR196DC LE, 200 Opti