Waterloo Scrape Rods

These used to be big in Texas for grass/jig fishing. Anyone know if the rod is as good as it used to be. They switched from Loomis IMX blanks to a North Fork Composite blank. Interested in getting another if still as good. I know longer have the original.

Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    These used to be big in Texas for grass/jig fishing. Anyone know if the rod is as good as it used to be. They switched from Loomis IMX blanks to a North Fork Composite blank. Interested in getting another if still as good. I know longer have the original.
    I know quite a few guys who wade fish the coast love them. Not certain what they replaced the Scrape with.
    Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason

I always see them at the Houston Boat show. Alas I have no answer for you.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

They were great rods. Can't speak for the substitute blank.

5. Member
    Waterloo has switched over almost completely to saltwater rods. I haven't seen a new Scrape rod in years. I have one that I love and I will cry like a baby when I break it.

Might want to check out Power Tackle rods... First I ever heard the term "scrape" was from Ray Hanselman at lake Amistad. I was a director with Sun Country Bass when Ray won a boat at our Championship there. He was kind enough to explain scraping to us at the awards banquet.
    Rumor was that Ray and Tim Reneau had waterloo build them because they kept breaking rods. If you've ever watched Tim fish you'll know why !!
    These are what Tim and Ray use now.

https://powertackle.com/

7. Member
    You cant go wrong with Power Tackle rods i have 6 and would like a few more.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by westexbill View Post
    You cant go wrong with Power Tackle rods i have 6 and would like a few more.
    Just takes money Grumpy, and you have plenty of that !!

9. Member
    Good to hear from you Kevin hope you are doing well as for the money you must have me confused with another short A-hole on hear. Take care and we will go fishing sometime.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by westexbill View Post
    Good to hear from you Kevin hope you are doing well as for the money you must have me confused with another short A-hole on hear. Take care and we will go fishing sometime.
    Short a hole, hmmmm wonder who that could be, lol