Blue Top Optima D31

I was wondering why the Optima Blue Top D31 was listed as one of the recommended batteries for the ProXS with the specs that it has. CCA is at 900, MCA and CA is at 1125, and RC at 155 minutes. While the recommended CCA is 950.

Is this something I should be concerned about with my ProXS 150? Especially with running 2-3 units?

Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    my 2009 boo k says CCA800/MCA1000 keep in mind that would be a minimum for motor only , running big units and livewells and or any other acc. I know some that running that batt still zaps it, I would recommend biggest badest 31 series yo money can buy
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Optima's current specs claim their D31M has 900CCA and 1125MCA, still only 155RC. There are other choices, for the same or less money, with 1150CCA, 1370MCA, 220RC, and longer warranty, two excellent examples, the Northstar 31M AGM and Batteries Plus X2.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    ^^^^^^+1 now we cookin with gas
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^^^ +2

Keep in mind, if you read Post #1, you will see that the list was originally prepared by Mercury Engineering, based on batteries that met the ENGINE minimum specs.

Definitely look for something equal to or greater than 950 CCA for a fishing application (and if you ever plan to upgrade to a 4-stroke, bite the bullet and go 975+ with an AGM).

If you would, please take a couple moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (Serial Number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor