Ghost and Lowrance HDS

Im upgrading my trolling new week and have been wanting the Ultrex for all the features, but have thought at the Ghost as well. Im not sure if the Ghost will work with the units I have, which are Gen3 HDS units. Doing some reading it seems the units need to be at least Carbons? Can anyone verify this before I put an Ultrex on the bow?

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Just looked at this today and per the Lowrance website, only Ti2, Carbon and Live units will network with the Ghost.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Banned
    If you want to steer the motor from the graph or use the follow contour, then yes you need the newer graphs.

If you want spotlock and to use the built in hdi, your graphs will work fine. I’m running my ghost with gen2 T’s. You will need a 7-9 x sonic adapter $29.99

It will basically be the exact same as using an ultrex.

4. Member
    Appreciate the info. I just wanted to make sure as sometimes things are not supported on products, but will still actually work. For the diff in price, the ol Phoenix will be getting an Ultrex next week.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Appreciate the info. I just wanted to make sure as sometimes things are not supported on products, but will still actually work. For the diff in price, the ol Phoenix will be getting an Ultrex next week.
    Jimmy, as you said, for the depth finder to interface with the Ghost, you will need a Carbon or "higher" depth finder. If you're just wanting the spotlock, are happy with some waypoints and tracks, then the Ultrex is a much less expensive option. The Remote has the ability to store some waypoints and some tracks/trails. The base unit gives you the spotlock as well as a heading tied to GPS function. Call us here at Jones Trolling Motor and we can make sure you get the correct adapters and the unit you need to connect everything the way you want.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Thanks, Im taking the Phoenix in next week to get the 112/52 installed, wont be getting the link since it will be useless to me since my units are Gen3 HDS12
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Thanks, Im taking the Phoenix in next week to get the 112/52 installed, wont be getting the link since it will be useless to me since my units are Gen3 HDS12

Keep in mind (if you’re going to keep the boat) that you’ll likely be buying new graphs at some point. I would have that in my mind, now if you’re gonna sell the boat in a year, 2 or 3, cheaper works. Might be better to spend more now to future proof yourself for what you don’t expect.