Powerpole Charge

Has anyone here installed this? If so what do you think of it?

2. Member
    I think its ridiculous for the price! Just buy a good 4 bank charger like the Minn kota PC charger ($350) and a Tournament saver Elite jump switch ($100) and save yourself almost $1000

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I think its ridiculous for the price! Just buy a good 4 bank charger like the Minn kota PC charger ($350) and a Tournament saver Elite jump switch ($100) and save yourself almost $1000
    big difference like comparing apples and oranges. I imagine it wont be long till we have some reviews as we have sold alot of them, I know Rich ( Hydrilla Gear) has as well

4. Member
    You are talking on a new boat. If you already have a good charger it is even a bigger deal. Maybe when it breaks. Looking at the reality of $100,000 boats makes that about 1% of the cost. Price of poker has gone up!
    Last edited by bobcoy; 12-13-2019 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Don't let me do your tax's (math)
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you told guys 15 years ago bass boats would cost 100k they would say your out of your mind..if you told guys 4 years ago they would be spending 3k on a trolling motor they would have said your crazy, 4k on lithium batteries.. naa your nuts .... Unfortunately for all of us technology doesn't come cheap. One thing you cant do is compare the Charge system to a onboard Charger with or without a jump switch. It is a complete on and off water Battery management system there has never been anything like it.

Guess it will fit someone’s needs.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    More likely someone's wants. I still remind myself, all this stuff is optional! Nobody has to buy it. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

For me it’s not the cost but its capabilities

I’m not willing to give up my 15amp per bank MK charger for one that charges my 3 trolling motor batteries at 8.33amps per bank
    (per manual total 25 amps for the 36 volt setup no matter if its 1-36v battery or 3-12v batteries)

Not to mention it charges the trolling motor batteries first then charges the cranking battery last
    (Not at the same time)
    Taking 2 times longer to charge my batteries at home compared to my MK charger

There are several options out there that can charge on the fly at higher amps per bank and a jump switch is instantaneous rather than waiting up to 5 minutes to charge the cranking battery all for a lot less then this system

Yes this is an "All in One" system and I really think this is a good idea but it needs to handle more power. With today’s outboards pushing up to 85 amps the power is there why not utilize it
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

SNIP

Yes this is an "All in One" system and I really think this is a good idea but it needs to handle more power. With today’s outboards pushing up to 85 amps the power is there why not utilize it
    The Yandina Trollbridges 12, 24, or 36 volt, wait for the starting battery to get a charge and then divert all unused alternator capacity to the trolling batteries up to 100 amps rapid charge giving most installations freedom from shore power.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    For me it’s not the cost but its capabilities

I’m not willing to give up my 15amp per bank MK charger for one that charges my 3 trolling motor batteries at 8.33amps per bank
    (per manual total 25 amps for the 36 volt setup no matter if its 1-36v battery or 3-12v batteries)

Not to mention it charges the trolling motor batteries first then charges the cranking battery last
    (Not at the same time)
    Taking 2 times longer to charge my batteries at home compared to my MK charger

There are several options out there that can charge on the fly at higher amps per bank and a jump switch is instantaneous rather than waiting up to 5 minutes to charge the cranking battery all for a lot less then this system

This sums it up well!

Well I have one and it is going to take some time before I can give a good test but so far so good it is a little cold here right now . It has a diagnostics tap that goes back to Power pole so they can look and see what the problem is. I did one as a test and power pole came right back and asked if it was a test or if I had a problem good to know.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

12. Member
    Trip 1 went well with mine. Only took about 2-3 hours to charge my batteries from the AC power when I got home. Usually takes 6-7 hours of charging (depending on how long I spent on the water of course) with a 10 amp charger. So far so good

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Trip 1 went well with mine. Only took about 2-3 hours to charge my batteries from the AC power when I got home. Usually takes 6-7 hours of charging (depending on how long I spent on the water of course) with a 10 amp charger. So far so good

14. Member
    If you can’t mount the charger close to your battery box, be aware that the leads are very short relative to other chargers I’ve mounted. Mine are about 2 ft short, so I’ve got to buy 15’ extensions if I can’t add to the ends.