USA My new 2012 Triton 21HP ELITE leans to the right when throttling down to stop....

Good day BBC. October 2019 I purchased a used 2012 Triton 21HP ELITE with two 2017 10' Power Poles, atlas hydraulic jack plate (10" over all, 4 + 6) with 2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS with 74 hours, with Trophy plus 24 p 4 blade, that said, when I throttle down to come to a stop it starts to lean to the right (helm side). None of my previous boats ever did this. Any idea what this could be caused by?

One other issue, also when coming to a stop you have to really feather the throttle so the water doesn't flood the back of the boat. I think the jack plate is causing it. Any help with these two issues would be greatly appreciated. Godspeed. ><>

2. Member
    I have 2016 Triton 21 Elite with a 25p 4-blade, Mecury 250xs and it leans to the right until i get on plane and adjust the trim then it levels out.

3. Member
    Perhaps it's the 4 blade getting too much bite...?

4. Member
    What altitude are you running at when you use the boat. Unless your over 2500 ft high in elevation that boat should turn at least a 25" prop. When your setting still does it lean to the right? If it does you need to balance the load in your boat to get it as close to level as possible.

My 21x does too. It's just because the boat is unbalanced by yourself in combination with the prop lean

6. Member
    Thanks for the input fellow Triton owners. I mainly fish the Cal Delta in Commiefornia at sea level, so altitude is not an issue. It did even when I took me wife out, she only weights 110lb and I weigh 190. Just a weird feeling when the boat tilts towards my side when coming to a stop. Again, thank for the input. Godspeed. ><>

7. Member
    The boat sits even on the water for sure...! As I get more seat time we'll see how it goes. I just purchased a 25P Fury 3 blade and hope to test it out soon, but the 4 blade 24p Trophy plus should be a good prop especially for the Delta. Only have approx. 5 yours of seat time. I still have to get familiar with this type of fast boat "chine walking" with more experience and developing those skills.... Good night y'all.

8. Member
    The hydraulic jackplate could be part of the problem, you may try different heights when coming off pad. Usually when the bat leans to the driver side the plate is a little too high. It will take you a little time to get use to driving the boat. Just keep you hands at 11 oclock and pull the wheel down slightly when the bow wants to move. The worst thing you can do is white knuckle the steering wheel. You never drive through chine walk, you prevent it, and never let it start. Like riding a bike.

9. Member
    Thank you...!
    Timothy D. Oliver, Director
    CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS MINISTRIES

And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." (Mark 1:17) ><>

10. Member

USA

I just know that my 2004 DC196 with 200 Honda, will lean to the left ( WITH A FULL TANK OF FUEL ) on take off. After I burn out a gallon o two it comes up on plane straight as an arrow.