Question Help...Can you post pictures of your dual console sonar mount

I am looking to add a 2nd unit to my console and will need a new mount to accommodate this. I know there has been a lot of discussion about many of the companies that provide these mounts, but I cant find any decent pictures to show how they are assembled/created with different angles. One of the main issues that I'm having is the console I have is not supported by many of them, which is why I am thinking about going the custom route.

I spoke to a custom fab designer last week who feels confident that they would be able to create something for me, but I would like to provide some pictures of commercially available mounts if possible. I was wondering if you guys could post some pictures of your current dual console mounts so I can come up with a design to see if its possible to create it.

What material would you suggest? Machined aluminum?

2. Member
    Are you looking for info on two sonar units mounted on one console, or something specific to "dual console" boats?

Sorry about that, yes I will be running 2 units side by side on my console. I currently have a Helix but will be adding a Carbon 12
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Are you looking for info on two sonar units mounted on one console, or something specific to "dual console" boats?

This is what it currently looks likeIMG_20191117_144015.jpg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    This is what it currently looks likeIMG_20191117_144015.jpg
    Well that's just sad.

Hence, why its getting replaced.
    Well that's just sad.

I'd put the Helix in the console and mount the Carbon on the Gunal. Then you only need a ram mount for the Carbon and you will have better vision ahead rather then having to look around two units directly in front of you. I don't know how guys see around two 12's !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I appreciate the suggestion but I am hoping to keep both units mounted in the centre. Does anyone have any pictures of their dual mounts they can share?
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I'd put the Helix in the console and mount the Carbon on the Gunal. Then you only need a ram mount for the Carbon and you will have better vision ahead rather then having to look around two units directly in front of you. I don't know how guys see around two 12's !!!

9. Member
    Here's mine: locator.jpg Made a template from some tin and then had locale machine shop make the mount. About 1/4 the price of store bought mounts.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    I appreciate the suggestion but I am hoping to keep both units mounted in the centre. Does anyone have any pictures of their dual mounts they can share?
    Probably not helpful based on the above quote, but here's how I do mine with a Ram swing arm mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely done! That looks like a good set up for your situation. Thanks for sharing it, I appreciate it.
    Probably not helpful based on the above quote, but here's how I do mine with a Ram swing arm mount.

Thats the angle I am leaning as well. I may use my existing backing plate to have something made. Are you able to show the bracket without the graphs on it to show how they are mounted? Did you use machined aluminium?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    Here's mine: locator.jpg Made a template from some tin and then had locale machine shop make the mount. About 1/4 the price of store bought mounts.

13. Dogfish_Jones
    I built my own for less than $20. I used 1/8 steel, and cut out the pieces needed and welded the brackets together then drilled holes in my plates for my graphs brackets on.
    Clean the metal, primed it and painted it black gloss and it looks better than store bought.dual graph.jpg

dual graph2.jpg

3.5" aluminum angle, 3/16" or 1/4" thick. Mounted thru dash at reinforcement bar (behind). 2 bolts thru angle between raised plastic - thru 2 milled chunks of aluminum bar (to take load off the dash) - thru the reinforcement bar - capped off with fender washers and lock nuts. bolts, washers, nuts ss. Removed defunct original L depthfinder from center to move tach to center of dash rather than be covered by HDS and who cares if the speedo is covered? Unit brackets angled inwards to driver position.

Cost me $20 and change & my time to figure out and build.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member