Moving to Manhattan

I am probably moving out to the Manhattan area in the spring. Anything I should know about the lakes there? I will have a fishhawk 17 so a good multispecies boat for those water I think. General info is all Im looking for, smallmouth lake? Walleye etc

2. Member
    Manhattan is a good area for a variety of lakes. Milford is going to be your closes smallie lake. Tuttle has its days but it is used for flood control and can come up 20 feet over night. The river pond below Tuttle has fish. Pottawatomie state lake #2 is just outside Manhattan but gets the most pressure around Manhattan. If you want smallmouth and walleye Milford is your best option. Tuttle is more known for crappie and catfish but has areas of largemouth and saugeye, cross of sauger and walleye.

Travis pretty much summed it up. There's several.smaller lakes within 30-45 mins of Manhattan and 2 major.reservoirs. If your willing to travel.a couple hours you can hit several more good reservoirs.

4. Member
    Thanks. I am looking forward to having lakes like Milford close. I currently live in St Louis and 90 min drives one way to get to some decent water other than strip mines has burned me out.