Picked up new Ranger Reata 223c. Any advice?

Just bought our first pontoon boat. Have owned few boats and have a RT188 now. Have rented pontoons so am familiar with them, but any advice for a new pontooner would be good.

We will be keeping it in water when weather gets warmer.
    Semper Fi

Give them plenty of room to turn. Stay on top on keeping the pontoons clean and keep a cover on it when not in use.

3. Member
    I had the pleasure of test driving a Ranger Reata 223FC (very similar to yours) last week. I was amazed at the turning radius when returning to the dock. It was much better than I had anticipated. Rather than sliding up next to the dock where the boat was when I left, I did a 180 degree turn between the docks (at just idle speed of course) and eased up to the dock. The space between the docks where I did the 180 degree turn was 120'. Being a beginner myself (to pontoons) I found this maneuverability impressive.
    When we purchase ours (her boat) next year, the plan is for the wife to do some practicing, leaving the boat slip, returning, in addition to cruising. As noted above, staying on top of the cleaning is extremely important.
    G'luck!

4. Member
    Good advice above! If the seats need cleaning for mildew go to Home Depot and get the Home Armor cleaner in the green spray bottle, works fantastic. Also, when finished with that get the same color bottle that is considered a mildew blocker and that will help considerably to prevent it in the future. This is reasonably priced and superior to many other high dollar brands I have used through the years. Hope that helps.