Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ardent Smart Culling System

I just bought the Ardent Smart Culling System and would appreciate some advice on how you guys/gals use the color of the floats. With 6 colors I am trying to come up with a way to tell at a glance which fish should be culled without checking the weight displayed.

I know writing down the weight of the fish by color float is one way but do you have a better system?

P.S. I know I am being optimistic as I do not always have a five fish limit but on the days I do it would be good to know quickly which gets the get out of jail free card.

2. Member
    Green= Go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omykee View Post
    Green= Go
    Thank you. A good logical idea.

Download the RMP "Right Cull" app. Shows the color, you add the weight and it gives you the total weight, largest fish and the smallest fish.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have two separate live wells.....i'll place the smaller fish on one side while the larger on other....of course with the color balls, i'll remember what color is the smallest.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    If both anglers are using the Ardent system without a divider or separate live wells, I have my initials on mine.

wmitch2, is RMP Russell Marine Products or an abbreviation for another name?

Thank all of you for some great ideas.

[QUOTE=1Holeshot;10708650]

wmitch2, is RMP Russell Marine Products or an abbreviation for another name?

YES !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

8. Member
    I've always used Red, then Yellow for the smaller fish. Kinda like those colors at a traffic light when you need caution. Bigger fish, I don't put tags on them, you won't cull them and all that tag does is make it easier to get out of the livewell into the weigin bag. I think cull tags add a lot of stress to the fish, especially in rough water. Peek in your livewell next time you are running to weighing and there is a 1-3 foot chop, it looks like a wash machine in there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Download the RMP "Right Cull" app. Shows the color, you add the weight and it gives you the total weight, largest fish and the smallest fish.
    don’t delete that app! The RMP smart cull app is no longer available so if you ever delete it it’ll be gone forever.

I always put the smallest fish on the red tag, but once I get 5 fish i weigh them individually and put the weights in my phone since the cull balls will change the weights if you get some feisty fish
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Dogfish_Jones
    I use the Accu Cull Culling system color coded to their color tags. I attached it to the boat next to the left seat. I weigh the fish, attach a color coded tag and dial the weight in and I know exacatly what every tagged fish weighs. Very simple, and takes the guessing game out.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Accu...-ACCUCULL.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I use the Accu Cull Culling system color coded to their color tags. I attached it to the boat next to the left seat. I weigh the fish, attach a color coded tag and dial the weight in and I know exacatly what every tagged fish weighs. Very simple, and takes the guessing game out.

I think we have a winner!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    don’t delete that app! The RMP smart cull app is no longer available so if you ever delete it it’ll be gone forever.

I always put the smallest fish on the red tag, but once I get 5 fish i weigh them individually and put the weights in my phone since the cull balls will change the weights if you get some feisty fish
    Wmitch2 was kind enough to turn me on to an app "Culling Right" which is like the RMP app and available for $1.99. I just got mine.

13. Member
    Have one that’s special. Like spray it pink or something stupid. And make that the small fish tag

I use this scale. Works great, but I also keep a balance beam and use it if my smallest fish is obvious, much quicker.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post

I use the same one, works great. Just make sure you zero them out at the beginning of each day. I also have an ap called Easy Culling on my phone but that's more to keep track of my results over the year.

16. Member
    I love this Rapala Scale (link below), been using it for 3 years now, I even use it fun fishn, It keeps track of my best 5, no guessing. You can see all the fish weight right in front of you, no scrolling.

I don't use the floats that come w/ it (junk), I have 5 diff color floats. I put diff colors next to the number right on the scale (paint or fingernail polish works). So I have colors and numbers on the floats, so you can look for a number or color, makes it easier.

No. 1 is WHITE
    No. 2 is BLUE
    No. 3 is GREEN
    No. 4 is ORANGE
    No. 5 is RED

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rapala-50-l...-/143285616308

I also replaced the Clamp (link below) w/ a decent size copper electrical clip sim to this one below, works awesome, holds big fish without any problem
    The one below is just a pic I found, I had one kicking around the house, The one I used is about 4 inches long, drilled a bigger hole in it to attach to scale.

https://www.productsforautomation.co...RoCHt0QAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Team Mud; 01-12-2020 at 03:14 AM.

17. Member
    Here is what I do: When I toss in #5, I take a quick peek and make a mental note of the color of the smallest weight (say Gray). Then keep saying in my head gray is the next one out for a while. When I get another fish I cull and then start the process all over again. That has worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Here is what I do: When I toss in #5, I take a quick peek and make a mental note of the color of the smallest weight (say Gray). Then keep saying in my head gray is the next one out for a while. When I get another fish I cull and then start the process all over again. That has worked fine for me.
    This is my method too. I always load them up in the same order too:
    RED
    WHITE
    BLUE
    GREEN
    GOLD
    GRAY

Both the Right Cull and Culling Right apps indicate which color is the largest and the smallest automatically, no guessing and is very easy and quick. Also gives you a running total.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

That explains why I can't find it on line!
    Michael J. Koenig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast