Thread: Candlewood

Candlewood

Looking to get a house on the lake with a dock in mid July for 3 plus couples and my dog. Any area or specific place to stay? I have been looking online and seem to be finding the same few places.

Also, I have never fish the lake before and any info would be appreciated. I am not looking for specifics. If the lake was broken down like in the pic what area should I start?

Also what is the fuel dock situation? My navionics only shows 2.

Thanks again guys.

candlewood sections.jpg
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

Tough place to fish in July. Hard to enjoy the lake at all with all the boat traffic. This area is big money , like 700 a night big for a house on the lake with a dock.

3. Member
    In July you'll have better luck flipping for largemouth. The usual techniques, topwater, chatterbaits, beating up every dock and weedline. You'll get good smallies mixed in with the shallow pattern. 2 is the deepest part of the lake and you might have some offshore luck with smallies (Drop shot, swimbait). 4 is where I would go if I were concentrating on a flipping bite. Mr. Bass is right, the boat traffic on Candlewood can be overwhelming in July. Still a fun place to go and fish but you have to be aware that the pleasure boats will be abundant.

4. Member
    I figured the boat traffic would be heavy. Was hoping that during the week wouldn't be too bad. We were originally looking to go in September but doesn't look like that is going to work out. Mid june might be an option.

The nicer of the places we have found are in the New Milford area. Are there any ramps around or is it pretty much limited to Squantz and Latins.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

5. Member
    Squantz and Latins are the 2 state launches, No charge.

The boat traffic doesn't get real bad till after Noon, usually weekends.

Fishing weekdays is alot better, less boat traffic.

There are some big fish in there, I got a 7.1 in a tourny there in May of this year, but this fish was beat out with a 7.6 for Lunker.

Mid June would be better than July in my opinion. The hotter it gets the more pleasure boaters you will run into.
    I prefer Squantz over Latins for launches. Latins launch I find to be a slow shallow angle. +1 on the place being a zoo, on the weekend in the summer. Mid week is fine.
    The two northern areas, 1 and 2 on your map have been good to me over the years. Pitching a jig or a brush hog. Most of the lake has a weed line.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

7. Member
    Thanks guys. We ended up booking for the last week in june. Staying on the lake in New Milford.