Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which trolling motor

I will be upgrading this spring. Any feedback on the Ghost yet? It’s between the ghost and ultrex for me.

Thanks.

2. Banned
    Lots of feedback on the ghost, check out the Lowrance page and the trolling motor page.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dockman View Post
    I will be upgrading this spring. Any feedback on the Ghost yet? It’s between the ghost and ultrex for me.

Thanks.
    I have the Ultrex on my old boat and one on my new boat, my Ghost motor arrived a couple of weeks ago, will be installing on new boat, I like the Ultrex but because i run lowrance graphs I am going with the Ghost, also I like several of the features the Ghost has. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I have the Ultrex on my old boat and one on my new boat, my Ghost motor arrived a couple of weeks ago, will be installing on new boat, I like the Ultrex but because i run lowrance graphs I am going with the Ghost, also I like several of the features the Ghost has. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I have a feeling, you will LOVE the ghost, if you like the ultrex. The pedal is awesome and the sound is low, just gonna have to see how long term reliability is.

5. Member
    just hope they are better with trolling motors than they are with their electronics,buy one and 6 months later no repairs on a old unit new model out now,i think i will wait awhile on one of their trolling motors

6. Member
    My new Ghost is on the delivery truck coming sometime today, first time I have actually been excited about getting a trolling motor.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you dont need to upgrade this spring then I may wait as new things will be coming from not only Minn Kota but from Power Pole in the world of trolling motors. If an upgrade is needed this spring then the offerings from Lowrance and Garmin are ones to look at.

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    If you dont need to upgrade this spring then I may wait as new things will be coming from not only Minn Kota but from Power Pole in the world of trolling motors. If an upgrade is needed this spring then the offerings from Lowrance and Garmin are ones to look at.
    Garmin Force with Lowrance electronics would be dumb?
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Garmin Force with Lowrance electronics would be dumb?
    Maybe im mistaken but the OP didnt say ANYTHING bout what kind of electronics hes running..

10. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Maybe im mistaken but the OP didnt say ANYTHING bout what kind of electronics hes running..
    Needs to be a consideration. I completely took Ultrex off the table having Lowrance units. Didn't consider that maybe Garmin would be compatible on some level with Lowrance. Think I know better though.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    I am upgrading also. Looking at Ultrex with I-piolt link since I have humminbird electronics. what new things is Minn kota coming out with? I might can wait til the fall of next year if it will be good. I was going to go with the MSI already installed on trolling motor so maybe that will help with interference when TM runs.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex MSI I-pilot link
    Humminbird 9 Mega SI at Console and Bow

This is why I'm going to the ISE show in Sacramento !! They'll have all of them there to "Play" with, lol !! I have an Ultrex now and love it, but I want to check out the Garmen and the Ghost.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

13. Member
    What do you know about power pole coming out with trolling motors Kevin? Sounds pretty awesome!
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    just hope they are better with trolling motors than they are with their electronics,buy one and 6 months later no repairs on a old unit new model out now,i think i will wait awhile on one of their trolling motors

I know, right. My hds 7 is only 11 years old and my 2 hds 12’s are both 7-8 years old. Of course, being the junk they are, they are all still working. Grrrrr, damn you Lowrance for coming out with new technology!

15. Member
    I would prob go with Ghost if I had newer electronics, but I have Gen3 HDS12 and from what I have gathered, they are not integrated/supported with the Ghost?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooker11 View Post
    What do you know about power pole coming out with trolling motors Kevin? Sounds pretty awesome!
    I know its in the works.. other then that things have been hush hush. As I find out more and am allowed to discuss it ill certinly let everyone know.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I know, right. My hds 7 is only 11 years old and my 2 hds 12’s are both 7-8 years old. Of course, being the junk they are, they are all still working. Grrrrr, damn you Lowrance for coming out with new technology!
    Upgrading so often and making it so the new isn't compatible with the older is how they keep everybody buying the newest products that are compatible... until after a year or two, they are once again, "not".

Rates more than a "Grrrrr" IMHO
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

18. Member
    I would do research on customer service from both companies, and the best would be my choice. I have the Ultrex and I love it. I’m sure they would both be great units, it would come down to the best customer service for me.

19. Member
    Wanting to upgrade but always a MG guy. I'll look at the new Tour Pro models at the Expo. If I don't like it I'll probably default to a Ultrex. However if I come across a new Ultrex at a stupid price between now and then, I'm buying it.

20. Member
    Thanks. I run lowrance graphs but they are too old to work with ghost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast