heads up on motor guide

the place that made parts for them closed up so you cannot get a lot of parts if you need a repair. i have a xi5 and have needed the brushes 8m4002711 for it for over six months and they still have no supplier for them so just a heads up

Try boats.net.

Tom

3. Member
    Try a local motor repair shop. They could have some or have it made.
    Please release me,let me go.

I did I have called every place that comes up on Google and the only places I know around the lake fork area

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    I did I have called every place that comes up on Google and the only places I know around the lake fork area
    Did you try Jones Trolling Motor in Texarkana? Seems to have good stock.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    the place that made parts for them closed up so you cannot get a lot of parts if you need a repair. i have a xi5 and have needed the brushes 8m4002711 for it for over six months and they still have no supplier for them so just a heads up
    I havn't heard anything about that and havn't had any more problems than normal in getting parts. I'm not at the shop to check our stock, but just looked it up (used your part number) through Motorguide parts (as an ASC my direct online account with Motorguide goes straight to Mercury's/Motorguide warehouses) and it shows 9 sets available at this time. Give us a call and we'll try to help.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

awesome thank you

8. Member
    Agree with John I have had no issues with Motor Guide parts. That is a valid number. Just remember you will get the brush card with wires attached, along with the springs.

9. Member
    Should have asked Jones first. Seems like a lot of places, including the one near me, just want to sell you new motors and dont want to sell parts unless they fix them I have been using Jones for years and if he says they are not available then they are not available but everything else is "Fake News".

this will be the 4th time i have put them in it well 3rd time for me the fist time it was under warranty but until now i never had a problem getting them but motor guide told me six months ago they were trying to find a new supplier. it kept getting water in it after replacing everything on the motor and still getting water in it i figured out it was leaking in at the shaft where it goes into the motor so i just want to rebuild it before i sell it to get a new ghost

11. Member
    this will be the 4th time i have put them in it well 3rd time for me the fist time it was under warranty but until now i never had a problem getting them but motor guide told me six months ago they were trying to find a new supplier. it kept getting water in it after replacing everything on the motor and still getting water in it i figured out it was leaking in at the shaft where it goes into the motor so i just want to rebuild it before i sell it to get a new ghost
    Sounds like either the shaft is cracked or someone replaced the shaft without using the proper locktite, or didn't let the locktite set up.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

you are correct unfortunately it was out of warranty before i figured it out

13. Member
    you are correct unfortunately it was out of warranty before i figured it out
    If a ASC replaced the shaft, you have a 1yr from the date service was performed warranty.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

14. Member
    I was thinking something fundamental must be wrong since brushes shouldn't wear out that fast, unless maybe you are a pro or guide on the water day and night. Lake Fork is big I'll give you that if you are trolling all over it.