Patrick Reed penalty at Hero

What do you guys think about it? I truly believe just like Chamblee on golf channel that he knew what he was doing. I've played a lot of golf in my day, not near as much as he has, but no way did he not know he was moving sand. He lost me as a fan for sure. He is a cheat!!! Now we know the rumors about him being a first rate douche in college are true!

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Yeah, he knew what he was doing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Yeah, he knew what he was doing.
    +1

4. Member
    I am an ex college and post college amateur tournament golfer and was scratch at 16 YO. So I have spent a lot of time struggling thru TX's and such. I can tell you
    I have had those kind of lies in the bunker and there are 2 points where I give him the benefit of the doubt.

1). His eye angle would not have allowed him to see any sand move.
    2). The question is if there was enough sand to "feel". The divot in the sand was deep, this meant you had to manipulate the
    club with the arms with little shoulder turn to get the steep angle, which would have alter'd his feel significantly.

This all said, for him to try and address the ball like he did was an effort to visualize it and get a feel. I would have been 2 afraid to
    to try, ESPECIALLY knowing high speed, zoom camera's are EVERYWHERE. The kicker for me was that he did it twice. So either he
    is stupid (over competitive and was feeling he got an unfair bounce) or really was trying to craft a shot to win the TX.

The most cheating I have seen was on the green and came from tamping ball marks hoping people didn't see and moving the coin a little left or right or nearer
    (remember Mark(it) O'Nearer?)….

Now, don't get me going on the rules of golf. The stick rule where you can leave it in and the ability to tamp down spike marks are a good start. Now if they would
    just declare divots to be temporary ground under repair and we would be making progress. No less a golfer than Jack Nicklaus advocates that one.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

5. Fishing is a Passion
    I agree with your thoughts on divots, very stupid that the ball cannot be moved out of the divot. By the fourth round on some courses there are 100's of divots in the landing area, why do you have to cross your fingers and hope the ball does not land in a divot.

Very tough call, now that you can ground your club. 60-40 that he new what he was doing.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

6. Member
    Has he been known to cheat before? I had not heard that he had.
    waste area allows grounding of club I thought.
    Once might be easier to understand but twice?

Squire’s response was very thoughtful-maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I just hate to listen to the analysts rant over this.
    Caught on tape, penalized, cost him $, he knows he will be over scrutinized from now on, let’s all get on with our lives.