Quick clips for changing out small baits

Looking for some collective wisdom. I have been using a real simple quick clip that I am assuming came in a pack with a few small baits. It basically looks like a 0 with an opening. I find it super simple to change small baits when my hands are super cold. Any idea what its called or where I can get some? I thought it may be used to swap out flys but havent found one there either.

What is everyone else using?

2. Member
    Look up the VMC crankbait snaps on your favorite website and see if those will work for you. I'm assuming you'd have to go down to the smallest size, but that depends on what you're fishing with and for.

Yeah, it sucks having to re-tie with small baits, light line and cold hands, but I prefer to tie direct on all of my ice fishing rigs, especially the smaller finesse baits for panfish.

3. Member
    We use Fas-Snap by No-Knot for ice fishing. You can buy them at Cabelas and Bass Pro, some smaller local stores also carry them.

4. Member
    Fas- snaps have caused me to lose fish and lures. First time it happened I thought line broke. Fas-snap was still there. Shrugged it off blamed myself. After it happened a few more times. I threw what I had left away.. went to the size 1 duo-lock and no problems since.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

5. Member
    Thanks, what I was thinking was similar to the fas-snap. I was shocked i didn't lose any fish with it. I was primarily targeting pan fish but caught a bunch of bass and pickerel with no problems

6. Member
    when pan fishing ive tried different methods in trying to be more "efficient" when using smaller baits but I found fish more finicky when not being tied directly to the bait.....so now I'll have 2-3 different set ups when targeting pan fish directly tied and switching between them. When fishing for larger fish "walleye" I will use a snap and not have any problems then since they arent nearly as finicky....usually. LOL
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

7. Member
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Fas- snaps have caused me to lose fish and lures. First time it happened I thought line broke. Fas-snap was still there. Shrugged it off blamed myself. After it happened a few more times. I threw what I had left away.. went to the size 1 duo-lock and no problems since.
    That sucks, maybe you use too large of a size that the lure was able to slide off? We're new to ice fishing but have used them fly fishing, haven't lost a fish because of them. Last season my wife hooked an atlantic salmon through the ice and fought it for about 20 minutes before we got it through the hole and the fas-snap didn't fail.

9. Member
    Been using K&E Arnold fast snaps in smallest size for 30 plus years.
    Haven't lost any fish and don't notice any dropoff in bites with anyone around me. With my old eyes and cold fingers they are a blessing.
    When all else fails, go fishing.