Starter bundle for Livescope

Seems as if most users have started out using Livescope with the ECHO MAP 93SV. How pleased have you guys been with that setup? Is the 9inch screen large enough? Wished you had went with a different unit?
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

2. Member
    Ive only had mine out 2 times and very pleased with what I have. The screen to me is big since Ive been looking at a 7" up there for some time. I have mine mounted to my ultrex which is my only gripe, but I plan
    to buy a different mounting system for it so its not on my ultrex.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

3. Member
    So I guess the Garmin guys are a secretive bunch. I bought the 93SV and Livescope bundle so we will see
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    So I guess the Garmin guys are a secretive bunch. I bought the 93SV and Livescope bundle so we will see
    Probably more like its the off-season, so less activity.

5. Member
    Doing a search of previous posts will give you more information that you have time to read.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I started with the 73SV, and it was adequate. I did pick up 2 93SVs to replace my 73SVs on black Friday however.
    Scott
    Stratos 285XL

7. Member
    I had my livescope w/93sv. Sold the 93 and bought a 126 ultra. The 126 is way better.

8. Member
    I started with the 93 touch sold it for the ultra 122 would never do a 9" screen again.

9. Member
    Size Matters...............
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

Must be a 93sv plus.

I am legally blind and the 93sv plus works great for me. I run it dedicated for LS only so have the whole screen. If you are going to split the screen up with other views then a larger screen would be better.

11. Member
    It's funny to see this discussion... Of course bigger is better! But we had these discussions since 5 inch were being sold for side imaging. The question is always, is it necessary? Objectively no, since Livescope does not provide enough information to even fill the 800x400 pixels of the 9* Echomaps. Subectively: maybe. It really depends on ones individual standards and willingness to spend more money. In priciple, even the 7* units will show all detail. The close one is to the unit, the better a smaller unit will fare.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fischbear View Post
    It's funny to see this discussion... Of course bigger is better! But we had these discussions since 5 inch were being sold for side imaging. The question is always, is it necessary? Objectively no, since Livescope does not provide enough information to even fill the 800x400 pixels of the 9* Echomaps. Subectively: maybe. It really depends on ones individual standards and willingness to spend more money. In priciple, even the 7* units will show all detail. The close one is to the unit, the better a smaller unit will fare.

richtig

13. Member
    Paired a 93SV with my Livescope. Starting out I felt it was the best route. Thanks for a your responses
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link

I am getting mine installed this week on my Bullet. Will not be using the transducer as i have two HDS units already. Bought the 93SV Plus bundle, along with the fishing specialties pole for the LVS32.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

15. Banned
    I use a echomap 93sv plus and it works great with the livescope. Caught a lot of keeper Bass during tournaments deeper than I usually fish thanks to that setup. Of course bigger is always nicer to have if you have the wallet paper to afford it.