Thread: garmin units

garmin units

if I am running a unit at the helm and a unit at the bow with separate transducers do I have to have nmea for the units to work

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250xb river rat View Post
    if I am running a unit at the helm and a unit at the bow with separate transducers do I have to have nmea for the units to work
    garmin Echomap plus units share transducers overs simple Ethernet cable. If there is a cat5 or Ethernet jack on the back of your units I bet they share transducer data as well.

3. Member
    not wanting to use both units on same transducer and not wanting to share data, wanting to know if it takes any thing other than power and transducer for these units to work,, both are93sv units with gt52whtm transducer

4. Member
    Just water.

5. Member
    They will work great with just power and transducer cables. U can run a network cable to share way points without sharing transducers. Very easy to set up that way. It’s all in the settings menu.

6. Member
    I'm not sure I understand the relevance of the question. The units will operate as individual units. If you're only sharing waypoints, you don't need a special network cable, just any 2-conductor wire. What you need to do is to connect the extra brown and blue leads from the power cable together. However, you need to connect the blue on one to the brown lead on the other, and vice versa. I've done it to my CHIRP echoMAPs and it works great!
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    Lol, i guess I missed the point of that question.

As others said.

1) Units will work stand alone just fine, with power cables and separate Transducers.
    2) If you connect the brown and blue leads, to eachother, you can share waypoints (only) they'll still use their own transducers.
    3) if you connect an ethernet cable between units - you can share it ALL! (no need to connect brown and blue leads)

That is, Mapping, Waypoints, You can share Transducers if you'd like, and the Garmin Force is Wifi connected to them, so you would never need a NMEA if you stick with Garmin, I could be wrong.

8. Member
    then again, you never even specified what Units you were running, I'll go hide in a corner now!

9. Member
    look in third post and it tells you what units

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The regular 93's will not network with marine network cable.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    93sv units, are they Echomap or Echomap plus units?! Im only familiar with the plus units.
    but either way, good luck.

12. Member
    There's echomap, echomap chirp, echomap Plus, echomap UHD regarding 93sv. The 10" and 12" are echomap Ultra The brown/blue wire business only works with the first two to share waypoints. The last Plus, UHD and Ultra are different and network(share) via the Marine network cable.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.