IPad plus Imaging Unit

Gents, is anyone out there using an IPad with either the Bird App or Lowrance App for your lake map and then using either a Bird or HDS unit for Sonar Imaging. Considering we are somewhat console size limited for multiple units I am favorably going with this combo. I can put the IPad in my lap or Ram mount it. The IPad would go to the bow or console. I downloaded the Bird App on my IPad and bought the Lake Conroe map, OMG x 10!!! way better than any map I have looked at. Also can bluetooth my IPad to either brand unit. With that said, I can have all the features of IPad plus the lake map with Google Earth for the lake perimeter and literally work from boat. I usually get tunnel vision when affixiated on something; If anyone has tried this concept and has words of the wise please share. Hmm, could actually save a little money over dual units by doing this combo, imagine that!!!
    Carte's Custom

I had my iPad out this weekend trying the same thing on my boat. The daylight visibility was tough. It my be the case. A guy in my club does exactly what you are saying, but I haven’t quizzed him on viewing in the bright sun.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R