Thread: Bird and IPad

Bird and IPad

Gents, Is anyone using an IPad with the Fish Smart App for their lake map combined with one Bird unit for imaging? This combo would/could be used in lieu of two bird units on the console or at the bow...this what I am considering.
    Carte's Custom

2. Member
    The problem is the brightness of the ipad. Out in the open, with the sun shinning you will have an almost impossible task seeing what is on the screen. The Birds have a brightness of 1500 nits. I have not researched this recently but older ipads had numbers in the 3 or 400's for brightness. Bob
    Just checked, iPad pro is the brightest at 600 nits. Regular ipads 4 to 500 nits.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 12-09-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The problem is the brightness of the ipad. Out in the open, with the sun shinning you will have an almost impossible task seeing what is on the screen. The Birds have a brightness of 1500 nits. I have not researched this recently but older ipads had numbers in the 3 or 400's for brightness. Bob
    Just checked, iPad pro is the brightest at 600 nits. Regular ipads 4 to 500 nits.
    They may not like the Hot Texas sun either!

4. Member
    They do get hot and shut down. Also have to keep them plugged in as usage will eat the battery power up.