Transducer Mounting Locations -- No Jack Plate

Hey guys, where is everyone mounting their transducers on the back of their Tritons?

I have a new Totalscan from Lowrance I need to mount.

I tried the Stern Pad Jumbo and it cost me a transducer to the lake...... I was against drilling holes, but now I don't think I have much choice.

The Totalscan ripped the screws right out of the Stern Pad and it wasn't even in the water most of the ride......

I used 3/4" screws which were longer than the recommended 5/8". And followed the instruction and did not drill pilot holes. I'll deal with Stern Pad on a different topic, but in the mean time I found another Totalscan from a member here that had never been used at a good price.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

2. Member
    I mount my transducer on the very bottom pad, directly beside the drain plug. That way I can run without losing the bottom. I can read DI up to about 40mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 19x2 View Post
    I mount my transducer on the very bottom pad, directly beside the drain plug. That way I can run without losing the bottom. I can read DI up to about 40mph.
    Do you mount onto a plate, or screw directly into the hull?

And port or starboard of the drain plug?

2019 Triton 189 TRX

Is adding a jack plate out of the question? Also you have a shoot thru hull transducer for on plane readings? I have found that for the imagine transducers its best to have them on the side or under the jack plate. Works well at idle speeds and then out of the water safe from impacts while on plane.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Is adding a jack plate out of the question? Also you have a shoot thru hull transducer for on plane readings? I have found that for the imagine transducers its best to have them on the side or under the jack plate. Works well at idle speeds and then out of the water safe from impacts while on plane.
    Jack plate is a year or more off if I even decide to get one.

Boat came with a Hook2 5 in the console with the transducer epoxied to the floor in the bilge.

I wouldn't be opposed to a shoot thru hull transducer with a y cable, but I don't have that yet. Readings on plane aren't that important to me. I just want the side imagining to work well.

6. Member
    Directly to the hull with plenty of silicone.
    Doesn't matter which side.

Without a jack plate i would say under the transom step would be a better spot. Still somewhat protected and no interference left or right of the transducer. Ive seen that on the tin forum when i had my tracker alot it always seemed to work well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    I highly recommend a 6" jackplate, so many benefits with this upgrade. After that, use a transducer shield (https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/) to mount. Has the right angle for get great images, it won't get ripped off your boat and no holes in your boat.

To mount without a jackplate, I'd try the same spot again with new holes and add 3m above/below semi-permant adhesive. Also make sure the bottom of the ducer is even with that step.

I'm thinking you hit a stick or something to knock that off. Good luck!

Sounds Like I'll be mounting it down by the drain plug and live well intakes...

Measure once drill once right

2019 Triton 189 TRX

10. Member
    It would have been a lot easier to get a jack plate when you bought that boat and I can't believe the added cost would have made any difference in the payments.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    It would have been a lot easier to get a jack plate when you bought that boat and I can't believe the added cost would have made any difference in the payments.
    What the hell? Where in Bass Boat rules does it say every boat must have a jack plate???

I didn't get one because I wasn't sure it would fit in my garage with a 6 inch plate. I didn't want to go through a hassle of having a dealer install one and wait longer on the boat. I don't see a point in paying someone to do a job that consist of 8 bolts.

I don't know that I'll ever have one. Just not sure if I'll decide if I need it. Would it have been a nice place to mount a transducer, sure but that won't be the only reason to buy one.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

If you have the room it would be a simple decision for me. Jack plates make the boat handle better and maximize your performance and setup potential. Not telling you what to do but personally my boat is never going to get a uple drilled in it under the water line by me ever. I would think on it hard before i started drilling myself.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.