Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I am an OU fan----But i have been saying all along Clemson will win it all again !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Yep, defense wins championships. Go Bucks!

Funny you say that. 4 of the top 5 offenses in the country are in the playoff.

1. LSU
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. UCf
    5. OSU

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Funny you say that. 4 of the top 5 offenses in the country are in the playoff.

1. LSU
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. UCf
    5. OSU
    The championship hasn’t been won yet. I do believe OSU has the best defense in that list of teams. Like Woody always said, if they can’t score, they can’t beat you.

4. Banned
    Hopefully the long layoff will help with injuries and Ohio State go into the game at full strength for the first time in a while. Go Buckeyes!!!!!!

5. Member
    The championship hasn’t been won yet. I do believe OSU has the best defense in that list of teams.

I agree with this. I just thought the rankings were funny in relation to his comment.

6. Member
    Yep, defense wins championships. Go Bucks!
    That is what Georgia said about their #2 rated defense, until they played LSU....

Funny how fascinated everyone is with LSU offense when OSU scored 7 more TDs this year.

8. Member
    I give the bid to LSU. Hope the buckeyes are shut out. Never cared for them since Woody tried to be a boxer.

9. Banned
    2 irrelevant games. Just need to skip to the Natty game we know we're going to get, SEC vs ACC.

10. Member
    Buckeye fan here...hoping for a Big 10 Officiating crew in the Fiesta

LSU and Clemson both roll to the championship. I am going to agree with Dabo that Clemson isn't getting near the credit they should be.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Dabo will be crying again when he gets his day against the Bucks!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Funny how fascinated everyone is with LSU offense when OSU scored 7 more TDs this year.
    Yes, but did they do it against Florida, Georgia, Bama, and Auburn- all top 12 teams currently.... . I can assure you the TD total would be a little different.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Yes, but did they do it against Florida, Georgia, Bama, and Auburn- all top 12 teams currently.... . I can assure you the TD total would be a little different.
    I don’t even want to argue with them about it. I am just going to let it play out.

15. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    You forgot to add Georgia Southern, Northwestern State, and Utah State to that list of fierce opponents.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

16. Member
    From a story by Alabama sports writer Joseph Goodman...
    Smart’s teams have won 11 games in three consecutive seasons, a first in the history of Georgia football. The ‘Dawgs have done it with a tough and sophisticated defense. Under Smart’s leadership, Georgia’s defense was considered by many to be the best in college football this season.
    The stats supported this opinion.
    Georgia led the SEC this regular season in scoring defense (10.4 points per game), and total defense (257.0 yards per game). At times it was difficult to even gain a first down on Smart’s defense, never mind score. His defensive mind is worth millions of dollars.
    On Saturday in the SEC championship game, a 37-10 victory for LSU, the Tigers’ unstoppable offense cracked Smart’s brain in half like an egg.
    Then LSU quarterback Joe Burrow scrambled it.
    “We had three-man, four-man, five-man, six-man rushes,” Smart said. “We dropped seven DBs.”
    Smart and his defensive coaches tried everything, in other words.
    He even borrowed a little from Auburn, according to Burrow. Stuff LSU had never seen.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...YVfpV7OsqH4W5A

Great article from a very experienced writer there.

17. Member
    On Saturday in the SEC championship game, a 37-10 victory for LSU, the Tigers’ unstoppable offense cracked Smart’s brain in half like an egg.
    Then LSU quarterback Joe Burrow scrambled it.
    “We had three-man, four-man, five-man, six-man rushes,” Smart said. “We dropped seven DBs.”
    Smart and his defensive coaches tried everything, in other words.
    He even borrowed a little from Auburn, according to Burrow. Stuff LSU had never seen.
    And we didn't even play a clean game. We were not as sharp as usual on offense. We left a minimum of 10 points on the filed.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    You forgot to add Georgia Southern, Northwestern State, and Utah State to that list of fierce opponents.
    Ohio state-= Nebraska 5-7 record....Northwestern- 3-9 ... Maryland- 3-9 ... Rutgers- 2-10.... Miami of Ohio - 8-5 ............. OH , Look at dat! No wonder they scored some TD's..

19. Member
    Look where Georgia ranked in offense over the year. Also, Ohio State offense only played into the third quarter in most games. We shall see.

20. Member
    Look where Georgia ranked in offense over the year. Also, Ohio State offense only played into the third quarter in most games. We shall see.
    No wonder the entire 1st stringer is not hurt and so rested!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast