TRX Center Storage

Searched threads on center storage dividers on TRXs with not much luck. My 18TRX has no factory divider and with the angled bottom kinda left me with 3700's stored on the flat and fill in around with other stuff. That has worked ok but occasionally I'd pull a box out and something would fall over or shift or the boat ride would get the stuff slid over to one side or the other.

Had some time to kill over Thanksgiving so made a cardboard template and took a stab at building something. Not much invested so if it works then great, if not and I need to do something different then no big deal either. The real deal would be to find a design that works and order the black phenolic starboard/plastic board and build one using that stuff. Regardless its an easy winter project.

Pic1.jpg
    Pic2a.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

Looks great, I find that my stuff flys everywhere in the front storage so now it just holds life vests and clothing, plus the odd bag of tackle. All my boxes and baits go in the back
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    I also only keep light weight stuff up there. Life jackets and clothes etc. I try to keep the weight there down to a minimum
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

4. Banned
    You did a really nice job, looks well thought out and user friendly

That looks great. Ive been brainstorming what to do in that compartment when i get mine also. Have a couple ideas but need to get the hot here and get some measurments. I like that alot tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    I almost bought a 18TRX and one of the questions I asked my dealer was did Triton have a factory divider to order for the center storage. He made some calls and was told no. He agreed that should he an upgrade Triton should make.

I really like what you made there. That will definitely keep stuff from sliding around, especially tackle trays.
    Brad Krone

7. Member

online free hosting

i don’t have any problems with stuff sliding around

8. Member
    Yep, that definitely works. I just had time to kill and like to piddle.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

9. Member
    Thanks for posting, allows organization even if a person just wants the store light stuff up there. I think it looks great.

10. Member
    Turned out looking really good. What did you use for your dividers and how did you end up mounting it or is it just friction fitted?
    2004 Triton TR-186DC - Mercury 175 Optimax

11. Member
    It’s not attached to the bottom with the way the floor of the compartment slopes it kinda self centers. Divider is Lowe’s popular 1/2” x 6” trim boards then carpet glued and wrapped. Width is just wide enough for a 3700 and once wrapped with carpet the fit is tight enough that the boxes don’t move at all.
    Last edited by jkville; 12-15-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

12. Member
    Looks great

13. Member
    nice job!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkville View Post
    Searched threads on center storage dividers on TRXs with not much luck. My 18TRX has no factory divider and with the angled bottom kinda left me with 3700's stored on the flat and fill in around with other stuff. That has worked ok but occasionally I'd pull a box out and something would fall over or shift or the boat ride would get the stuff slid over to one side or the other.

Had some time to kill over Thanksgiving so made a cardboard template and took a stab at building something. Not much invested so if it works then great, if not and I need to do something different then no big deal either. The real deal would be to find a design that works and order the black phenolic starboard/plastic board and build one using that stuff. Regardless its an easy winter project.

Pic1.jpg
    Pic2a.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    That's slick brotha. Do you sell them?

15. Member
    Thanks. No, don’t sell them, don’t hardly have time to fish. I am still using it to this day and it’s worked great for me.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS