2015 Ranger Trail tire wear problem

Wondering how to stop my left/front tire from wearing out (inside tread) after only 5000 miles. 2015 (bought new in ‘15) Ranger Z520C. Tires inflated to 44 psi as per trailer label, replaced spindle a year ago, I tow it level and weighted lightly. Bearing seems to be normal.
    Noticed all four tires camber in at the top with the boat on it and are straight and vertical with the boat off. Maybe that’s normal but then why aren’t all four tires wearing prematurely? Only the L/F wears the inside tread very quickly. The other tires wear normally. My latest suspicion is that it might be the torsion axles are worn out and that’s why the wheels camber in at the top. Maybe the L/F axle is worse than the other three. From what I hear, that would be rare, especially only towing about 5000 miles per year. Dealer says it may be that the swing arm bolts could be loose.
    Anyway, just thought I’d throw this problem out there to see if anyone else has had this problem before I take it to the dealer and start throwing a bunch of money at it. The cost of the spindle replacement a year ago was a shock, yet the problem persists.
    Heading to Florida in a month and other than just keep replacing that tire every year, perhaps one of y’all have a solution. Thanks guys.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You can replace the whole trailing arm for less than $100. If somebody replaced the spindle on a torsion axle, they don’t know what they are doing and I’d assume they couldn’t have possibly gotten it straight.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Hmm. Sounds like you know more about that than I do. I do put the boat in the garage with an electric dolly. I push the tongue up to 70° to the side sometime cause it’s such a tight fit.

I don’t post a lot. Do you know why or how to put this post so that it also shows up on the “new posts” thread?

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhooker View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like you know more about that than I do. I do put the boat in the garage with an electric dolly. I push the tongue up to 70° to the side sometime cause it’s such a tight fit.

I don’t post a lot. Do you know why or how to put this post so that it also shows up on the “new posts” thread?
    As long as it’s getting posts, it will be at the top. You may not see it when you post since you’ve already seen it.
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Update...I found the L/F bearing leaking. Took the tire off and am going to tow on three wheels 75 miles to the dealer to get the bearing replaced. I have two questions:
    1) Dealer says if I keep my speed around 55, I should be ok. What do you think?
    2) Is there a way to tell which came first? Did the bearing go bad and wear the tread on the inside prematurely or did the wear/camber cause the bearing to go bad?

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You should be fine towing like that. For the bearing to cause wear, it would have to have some play in it that you could feel. I still suspect your spindle isn’t square to the trailer.
    nothing else matters.​