Minn Kota Ulterra Transducers & Solix

I currently have a gen 1 Solix 12 SI with a transom mounted transducer. I plan to add a gen 2 Solix 10 SI & a Minn Kota Ulterra with a built in Mega SI/DI transducer next spring. I have several questions regarding networking the gen 1 & 2 solix units & how this will work with the new Ulterra.

Does the built in Ulterra SI/DI transducer have the "low q" 2D Dual Spectrum Chirp capability as well ?

Can the gen1 solix 12 be connected to the Ulterra & generate mega imaging (not mega plus) & "low q" 2D dual Spectrum Chirp images?

Conversely, would the gen 2 solix connected to the gen 1 Solix 12 SI transducer generate mega (not mega plus) images?

If the Gen 2 solix 10 mega plus is connected to the Ulterra, can the networked Gen 1 solix view the mega plus images from the gen 2 solix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nwifishnut View Post
    I currently have a gen 1 Solix 12 SI with a transom mounted transducer. I plan to add a gen 2 Solix 10 SI & a Minn Kota Ulterra with a built in Mega SI/DI transducer next spring. I have several questions regarding networking the gen 1 & 2 solix units & how this will work with the new Ulterra.

1. Does the built in Ulterra SI/DI transducer have the "low q" 2D Dual Spectrum Chirp capability as well ?

2. Can the gen1 solix 12 be connected to the Ulterra & generate mega imaging (not mega plus) & "low q" 2D dual Spectrum Chirp images?

3. Conversely, would the gen 2 solix connected to the gen 1 Solix 12 SI transducer generate mega (not mega plus) images?

4. If the Gen 2 solix 10 mega plus is connected to the Ulterra, can the networked Gen 1 solix view the mega plus images from the gen 2 solix?
    1. Yes

2. Yes, if you turn off Auto Configure and select HB HIGH CHIRP as the 2D source

3. I think if you connect that transducer, unit will downgrade to G1 and change to Dual Beam 83/200 kHz. The image quality will be reduced since the G1 transducer is not matched to the G2 power. You would still have to change the 2D source as described in 2.

4. Yes, since the G2 will be processing the data instead of the G1

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne,

Thanks