Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Sounds like you need to join a hunting club
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

2. Member
    Ive lost a bunch of hunting land the same way, parents die off, kicks become blood thirsty, either sell it all off, or want to control everything, and they all see it differently. I now hunt public land, Id rather deal with hunter pressure, than this crap......also glad Im an only child, but my parents dont own any land, and my wife is an only child.....they dont own land either lol

3. Member
    Find a new spot, i would not go hunt that spot if the biggest buck in the world lived there.

4. Member
    Nothing brings out the worst in people like deer hunting and bass fishing.........hmmmm?????

5. Member
    One of my closest friends who I condiser a brother has a crazy brother he can't get along with.

If you knew my friend you would consider him the friendliest person you would know. Yep, I know his brother and he is crazy.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Went down this road with my deer hunting land years ago but it was between a Son and his Dad. Both farmed the land but didn’t get along and neither hunted. I had full rights to the land to hunt and both we’re good with it, sadly it all was spoiled when the Son found out that I was bringing some Christmas gifts to the Dad as a thank you every year (which I did the exact same for the Son). He didn’t care for the gesture to his Dad and after 15 years I showed up one day and it was all posted. I apologized for argument that was created and asked if I could at least pick up my stands.... never allowed back.
    Sadly it was a abrupt end to a good relationship with both guys. Sad when little things come between family and friends. Good luck, just take my hard lessons and make sure Brother 2 doesn’t get upset with you trying to reconcile with brother 1
    the son has problems
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

7. Member
    Best thing I ever did was buy my own place. After hunting on public ground or by permission my whole life, we bought 80ac in a really rural area and adjacent to a dairy farm. He is tickled with my plots and says keep all them deer on your side of the fence lol. Went an hour away from home to be able to afford the land- but is worth every bit of that drive to not have to deal with public land issues, crazy folks, leases etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Nothing brings out the worst in people like deer hunting and bass fishing.........hmmmm?????
    Amateurs compared to youth sports!

9. Member
    Do they have a Sister?
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Yep!! Went through this last summer with my 9 year old and golf. It is sickening

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post

11. Member
    This looks like an easy fix to me. Give it a little time, address both guys and apologize for the confusion. Maybe going forward I would let the friend get his own permission. If you have a nice private place, then protect it like a mama bear protects her young.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

Sounds like high school problems.

13. Member
    What is this lease or private land you all worry about back there? lol

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post

100% True. Nothing compares to little league and all those undrafted MLB reject parents
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Sometimes there is good reason for bad blood between brothers. Some things are unforgivable.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Just go hunting and always tell the brother that asks that the other brother said it was fine. LOL

Kidding of course

17. Banned
    Honestly. If ya gotta jump through hoops?

We let the dust up between brothers settle down for a little bit. Yes they have a sister who lives by the property and I’m more scared of her than the two brothers. Their Mom loves me and if I went over the brothers’ heads she would intervene but that would only make both brothers gang up on me.
    I’ll take brother 1 a nice bottle of scotch. Brother 2 already said I can go whenever I want on his land. He and their sister bought 600 acres that was sandwiched between the two 600 acre tracts that the family has owned for over sixty years.
    So 1800 acres to hunt is worth kissing some azz and buying some liquor.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    you can pick your nose, but ya can't pick your relatives!
    This! I can trust my closest friends better than some of my relatives. I have 3 boys and hope they don’t turn out that way. Hopefully they will kiss and make up. Not because of hunting but because they are brothers and should!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    We let the dust up between brothers settle down for a little bit. Yes they have a sister who lives by the property and I’m more scared of her than the two brothers. Their Mom loves me and if I went over the brothers’ heads she would intervene but that would only make both brothers gang up on me.
    I’ll take brother 1 a nice bottle of scotch. Brother 2 already said I can go whenever I want on his land. He and their sister bought 600 acres that was sandwiched between the two 600 acre tracts that the family has owned for over sixty years.
    So 1800 acres to hunt is worth kissing some azz and buying some liquor.

I was just gonna say a bottle of booze could go a long ways but it looks like you have that covered. Accidents do happen!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast