TOTE-RITE M150-4STROKE

Does anyone have pictures of how the TOTE-RITE M150-4STROKE connects? My standard transom saver needs to be changed and saw this may be an option. Any opinions or other suggestions would also be appreciated.
    2019 Vexus 1980AVX
    150 Mercury 4-stroke
    80 lbs Ultrex
    Dual Pro Series II Power Poles
    Dual Hummingbird Helix 9 Gen3
    6" Atlas jackplate

I have the original version of the M150 but pictures probably would be of no value since they have just recently re-designed the unit and used a different material . You may want to call them and they may be able to furnish some photo's of the new version installed.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

3. Member
    Just wondering if you purchased one of these. If so, how'd it work out?

4. Gray
    I purchased the newest model of the Tote-Rite M150 for my Merc 150 4S. I'm confused on the connection. I thought they would at least include a diagram of where everything fits. I see how it connects to the transom part but I don't see an area where it fits to the motor. I sent a message to Tote-Rite and waiting a response. They don't offer but one video on their website which leaves a lot to be desired.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

5. Member
    I'm not sure if it will help you but I recently made a walkaround vid of my boat and I demonstrate my tote-rite with my 150 4s. I have the original version that does not have the side stabilizers, but I think the main motor support unit is the same. The link takes you the the time mark in the vid where I show the tote-rite. Just hit play.

6. Gray
    Actually, I saw your video on one of the Tracker forums and decided to purchase it. Yours is the older model but should be similar. I think I found where the place it should fit against the motor but there is not a single video that I could find that actually shows it. All videos are from the side and that area is hidden. Nice video.
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

7. Member
    I'll take a pic with a direct view. Give me a few and I'll post it up.

8. Gray
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

9. Member
    I'll take a pic with a direct view. Give me a few and I'll post it up.

10. Member
    I took two pics from directly under the motor. It is very disorienting but essentially its an upsidedown view. As you can see in the before pic, there aree two square indentations on the lower unit, into which the tote-rite fits as you lower the motor. The second upsidedown view is with the tote-rite in place. The last pic is a side view angled slightly upward with the tote-rite in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Gray
    That is a lot clearer but my Tote-Rite won't angle up high enough to get to that support. The design on mine is different than yours.
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

12. Member
    Is it physically different? I will say that the way the hook end is oriented, you would be inclined to put it in upside down. I kept putting it the way my intuition said it should be in, with the "hooks" oriented facing downwards. That is wrong. The hooks face upwards, as odd as it seems at first. Once I figured that out then the range of motion allowed me to place it correctly. Other than that, my only other guess is they changed the design?

13. Gray
    Well, after going back and looking at your photos again I went back to take another look. Stupid me, I was going by Tote-Rite's video which shows the label facing up. I turned it over and it fits like it should and gives me the correct angle to hit the support. Thanks for your photos.
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

14. Member
    Awesome! I think you're going to really like that thing. I also think I'm going to buy the stabilizer upgrade kit for mine. That looks pretty slick.

15. Member
    Really liking mine!

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good info! Just a reminder- Be sure to provide the Required Info with each new post (serial number). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor