Terraova Remotes and Battery Life

I will be buying a MK Terraova I Pilot w/o a foot control, salt water use. I saw one review that commented the remote battery life was 4 days of all day fishing, and the battery was an unusual size/type that wasn't readily available at Walmart. I had not heard any other comment on the remote battery. Also are there different remotes available?

2. Member
    Mine is 5 years old and still going strong.
    I did find that you need to put some tape under the contacts to put pressure on the battery, other wise it kept shutting down.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

3. Member
    If you are buying a new motor or one since 2017 the remote uses AA batteries. Before 2017 used a large coin battery. My old one lasted for months on a battery. I have the link now and it is rechargeable so I am not sure how long the AA's will last. I would guess much longer than 4 days. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Great, thank you for the response! I am glad MK changed out to the AA's. That makes it much easier to carry spares. Since I won't have a foot control all of my TM commands will be through the remote.

5. Member
    You might want to condider the micro remote. I use it all the time.

6. Member
    I didn't know they offered a "micro" remote. The ones I have looked at online just show the "large" remote comes in the box. What are the advantages of the micro?

7. Member
    Not much larger than a car fab(2.5x3"). I have mine attached to my life vest. Its about 1/2 the size of the normal remote.$90 or so depending where you buy it. Bob
    Note: there are 2 versions. Bluetooth(2017 and later motors) and non Bluetooth. Get the right one.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    The new remote uses AA batteries and its good to carry spares but be sure and add a tiny Phillips screw driver to your tool kit to be able to remove the cover to the battery compartment .

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
    I didn't know they offered a "micro" remote. The ones I have looked at online just show the "large" remote comes in the box. What are the advantages of the micro?
    I have a pouch mounted to the inside of my boat by the driver’s seat. The large remote stays there. The micro I wear around my neck so it is instantly available to control the motor. It has most of the functions that I need and the ones it doesn’t have I get from my Humminbird Solix.