Livescope transducer mount position

I got a new Boat with the Livescope on it. The dealer rigged it out so I assume they know what they are doing. I’ve been hearing some buddies say my Livescope transducer is on the wrong side of my TM shaft. When stowed, my prop is outside the boat and the GARMIN writing on the transducer is level with the motor. They are telling me the prop should be inside the boat and the GARMIN writing on the transducer will be at an angle. Do I need to run it this way to get the best performance?

2. Member
    From your description...it's mounted correctly for forward viewing. This is how mine is mounted.

IMG_4920 - Copy.JPG Live Scope.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

3. Member
    Yep. Mines like yours. I was told they work better on the other side of the shaft but I really don’t understand how that could be true. Thanks!

Flat on top if they are mounted on the port side. Flat on bottom if they are on the starboard side. Mine is mounted on a pole on the starboard side. starboardlivescope.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Flinging View Post
    Yep. Mines like yours. I was told they work better on the other side of the shaft but I really don’t understand how that could be true. Thanks!
    There is no performance difference between a port and starboard mount, they both work equally well.
    Garmin Pro Team