24volt to 36volt

I am thinking of purchasing an ultrex but can' decide weather to go 24v or 36v. I currently have 24v so if I go to 36v will I have to run a new cable the length of the boat or just wire all 3 batteries in together.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Likely only a single new jumper would be needed. It depends on motor thrust for the new motor, wire size and wire configuration that you have now and current breaker size.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Just a new jumper.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockangler View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing an ultrex but can' decide weather to go 24v or 36v. I currently have 24v so if I go to 36v will I have to run a new cable the length of the boat or just wire all 3 batteries in together.
    This can be answered generally, but not absolutely until we know what boat and what wires you have now feeding the trolling motor. IF you have 6ga wires in place now, all you need is an appropriate breaker and a jumper wire. If you have less than 6ga, you will need to run the 6ga and breaker.
    We can help you with all the above, including shipping you the trollingmotor and wiring.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]