Thread: IN OR OUT

IN OR OUT

I have a 520L and I am replacing a HDS 12 carbon in the front(BOW) with a 12 Live. the cut out is already there with enough room to accommodate the 12 with modification to the factory plate. whats everybody's opinion. flush mount or aftermarket bow plate raised. If you got some pic that would be nice for us to see.

The GREAT advantage of being flush mounted is it's 'almost' theft proof !! Then you don't have to remove each time you leave your boat unattended !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    I vote out... less distance to bend over and I believe it provides a better viewing angle. I have a single unit BBT wedge mount in the garage just collecting dust since I switched to a double unit... If you are interested.
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2

4. Member
    On my Z520c, I have a BBT mount at console for my HDS12 with locks on it. I find that it is so much more convenient to operate than reaching behind the wheel to push buttons on an in dash installation. Bow unit is flush mounted for now.

5. Member
    Both accurate statements. Flush mount is very safe and clean, most crack heads won’t invest the energy. Raised deck mounts give lots of adjustment and easy removal and reach. I went raised, only complaint is a 12’’ graph is right there when swinging a jig flipping in front of the boat.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Member
    BBT has a new mount called the “Warrior”. I used it for the bow. It’s not going anywhere!

7. Member
    I have the 520L also - prefer the wedge BBT Mount ....

I prefer a raise mount in the front for two reasons...one...with it being raised I can see it better plus I don't have to bend my fat ass over as far to reach the buttons. Call me lazy if you want but it's easier if its raised...two...it's easier to remove if you need to take it off for security reasons.

Flush mount are held in with 4 small screws. No thanks. I'll do BBT and take them out. Closer to your eyes too.

10. Member
    My last 2 Rangers were out. I currently just got a new 2020 520L and mounted it out as well.

11. Member
    If you run big water like great lakes, then flush mount reduces chance of damage in case you stuff one.

12. Member
    Thanks Guys for the input I went in (flush mount bow) for now. I am going to try it out for awhile. If I want to look like a badass Ill do an aftermarket raised mounting system

I don’t remember what model it is, but Allison has the neatest setup on the bow. Graph can be pushed down for a flush mount or hit the release and graph comes up and back a little. Best of both worlds. Don’t have to worry about spearing a wave and shearing off the high dollar graph, and when you get where you’re going, pull the graph up to help offset old eyes that just aren’t what they used to be. Would be a great addition to our Rangers.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

14. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Out.

BBT mount, it brings the unit closer to you for viewing and the BBT mount is rock solid. Holds the Solix 15 just fine in rough water, I can grab the mount and shake the whole boat when on the trailer.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

15. Member
    I have flush mount for first time and dont like them...