Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GHOST SPOT LOCK HELP

Trying to get spot lock on the ghost to work. I followed instructions on lowrance website how to do it and still won't work. Said to hold 2nd and 3rd button to activate configuration mode. Then push 3rd button until beeps. Then make a slow 360 degree turn until it beeps. Then hold 2nd and 3rd button to exit configuration mode. Did all that and still nothing. I'll hit spot lock and it'll start turning circles and then just take off in some random direction

2. Member
    I just put mine on today and have to go calibrate it Wednesday, so I'm no help yet. Good luck!
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

3. Member
    I took mine out today. I never calibrated it and it worked perfect.

4. Banned
    So, you’re pushing the anchor button and it’s going nuts? You installed the tmc?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    So, you’re pushing the anchor button and it’s going nuts? You installed the tmc?
    Yes when I hit the anchor button.... sometimes it will just start going in circles. Other times it will do 1 circle then just take off in one direction. Does something different every time. TMC-1 is mounted right beside Ghost

6. Banned
    Well I’d say email or call Lowrance, mines done some funky things in spotlock; but not that extreme. I moved my tmc to see if it helps, but haven’t had time to try it again. Keep us informed.

7. Member
    following

8. Member
    Where did u guys mount TMC-1 puck? They said to move mine because I might be getting interference from metal or something. Mine is mounted on left side of foot pedal as far up as it can go and still be on carpet....if that makes sense
    Last edited by nsd22002; 12-09-2019 at 01:59 PM.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    Where did u guys mount TMC-1 puck? They said to move mine because I might be getting interference from metal or something. Mine is mounted on left side of foot pedal as far up as it can go and still be on carpet....if that makes sense

The instructions said to be 2’ from the mount. Not many have put theirs 2’ though. But it is a compass and metal will affect it. I had a feeling that was going to be their answer, now let’s see if moving it, corrects the problem.

10. Member
    I’ve placed mine just over 2’ away. I’ve had no issues after a coupe of dozen times on the water. You can see my puck on my deck to the right of my HDS Live

Lowrance Ghost - GoTo cursor and anchor mode

11. Member
    My puck is in exactly the same spot only the left side instead of the right.

You can mount that puck anywhere in the boat. Why put it anywhere next to metal, electronics or your feet.

The mounting location should be as far as possible (minimum 0.6 m (2 ft)) from disturbing magnetic influences such as engines, ignition cables, or other large metal objects such as the mount. An extension cable can be purchased separately if necessary.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 12-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    You can mount that puck anywhere in the boat. Why put it anywhere next to metal, electronics or your feet.

The mounting location should be as far as possible (minimum 0.6 m (2 ft)) from disturbing magnetic influences such as engines, ignition cables, or other large metal objects such as the mount. An extension cable can be purchased separately if necessary.
    Cause that's where I wanted to mount it.
    Last edited by nsd22002; 12-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

Just like all GPS pucks, the closer to the transducer the better.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I use a Gauss meter app to test for magnetic interference
    this was here
    2019-12-10 16.53.08.jpg2019-12-09 16.47.24.jpg

then here just a little increase
    2019-12-10 16.52.02.jpg2019-12-09 16.47.45.jpg

but at the top near the gas shock there was a big increase
    2019-12-10 16.52.29.jpg2019-12-09 16.48.14.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    Did u have power on the trolling motor and units? Or does that not matter with the Gauss meter?

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    Did u have power on the trolling motor and units? Or does that not matter with the Gauss meter?
    I tested both ways but not running, I have used that method many times with a point one, the frame on the mount is non ferrous metals so should not affect the compass but that gas shock sounds like a big magnet when the sound is on.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    Don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I have a Lowrance Point-1 and a Humminbird heading sensor mounted side-by-side. The Point-1 works flawlessly, but I get horrible interference on the Humminbird heading sensor. Any ideas? Also, what app store did you find the Guass meter on? I can't find that one on the Apple Store?

19. Member
    All it takes is a screw that is not aluminum or brass. Even some stainless screws and bolts have magnetic properties. Sometimes with weak fields just a couple inches can make a difference. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

20. Member
    I thought that was just a heading sensor not a GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post
    Just like all GPS pucks, the closer to the transducer the better.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast