Thread: Garmin Force

Garmin Force

Hey. I have 2 new batteries and 1 that is from 2019 on my Garmin trolling motor. I've noticed that if I put it on level 5 (5th light) and run it for about 45 seconds the battery light turns yellow. Talking with a Garmin rep he was telling me that they recommend a minimum 4 gauge cables from the battery to the motor. I have the 6 gauge that was on my 36 volt minn kota. Has anyone else experienced this? Do ya'll think its a weak battery or do I need to go to 2 gauge cables?

2. Member
    mine will turn yellow if it turn it all the way up but i know it's pulling a ton at that point. i updated from 8 gauge to 6 gauge wire and as soon as i take it off high it goes back green with no issues.

3. Member
    I updated to 4 AWG from 8 AWG (stock on my boat from the factory) for this reason. ZERO issues on 24V system, and I run it all the way up on high from spot to spot regularly. Quite frankly, I think it really is just that much more powerful than certainly historical models / brands I've used.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM
    2 - 10' Minn Kota Talons'
    Console: ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv
    Bow: 2 - ECHOMAP Plus 93sv's (w/ LiveScope)

4. Member
    I’d have to think it’s a battery issue. I’m running the stock 6 gauge wiring and run mine wide open and haven’t seen any issues. I do run lithium batteries and idk if tat makes a difference or not? Have you had the batteries tested to see if they’re ok?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

5. Member
    I ran 4 AWG and have had it running at max speed 24V and 36V and did not see this happen.

6. Member
    That would not be great if you have to replace your 6 gauge wiring with 4 gauge just to accommodate the Garmin troller. Have to wonder if boat manufacturers who are installing them at the factory are upgrading the wiring
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S