Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Also, what app store did you find the Guass meter on? I can't find that one on the Apple Store?
    I only use android, and Samsung Galaxy notes, they have a lot of apps like that because of all the built in sensors, like barometric pressure and altitude, and the Gauss
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    Update.... Finally got to take boat out and see if it was puck location. That's exactly what it was. When I went out I didn't have to the puck mounted because I wanted to be able to move it around to see where it would work and not. Don't know what's it called but only place I could get it to work correctly was the small flat area at very front of the boat. It went crazy Everytime I moved back to my original spot and also when I moved it to where I had puck for the Ultrex I sold. Only thing different from previous Ultrex to ghost is I mounted a 16 up front with BBT mount which is metal. So anytime close to that mount and it went crazy. Moved to front of boat and worked perfectly

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    Update.... Finally got to take boat out and see if it was puck location. That's exactly what it was. When I went out I didn't have to the puck mounted because I wanted to be able to move it around to see where it would work and not. Don't know what's it called but only place I could get it to work correctly was the small flat area at very front of the boat. It went crazy Everytime I moved back to my original spot and also when I moved it to where I had puck for the Ultrex I sold. Only thing different from previous Ultrex to ghost is I mounted a 16 up front with BBT mount which is metal. So anytime close to that mount and it went crazy. Moved to front of boat and worked perfectly
    Thanks for the update.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post
    Thanks for the update.

yes, thank you NSD. Helps us members that might experience the same thing.

5. Member
    Is the Ghost noticeably quieter?
    Tommy Coleman
    2016 Ranger Z518C

6. Member
    Yea it's quieter

Cause that's where I wanted to mount it.
    Funny! So I guess the the Lowrance instructions were correct then. You can mount that puck were ever you want as long as it doesn't get interference and you found that out. I would hazard a guess that this issue will come up a lot more in the future. Now your experienced in the hazards of electrical interference.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    Another update....it's not fixed. When moved it worked for 1 day. Next time it was back to going crazy. So I unscrewed it and I have mounted it all over the boat it different places. Sometime it will work and 10 mins later it going crazy again. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with the puck.

9. Member
    The magnetic field has to be changing. From MK experience if something is running(live well or most anything electrical) the power wires can emit magnetic waves of interference. Try turning things off when it happens. Wires under the deck of your boat could cause it. A simple compass will show when that happens also. Good luck
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The magnetic field has to be changing. From MK experience if something is running(live well or most anything electrical) the power wires can emit magnetic waves of interference. Try turning things off when it happens. Wires under the deck of your boat could cause it. A simple compass will show when that happens also. Good luck
    I understand that but I can't have it where the only time I can use spot lock is turn everything off

11. Member
    Then you would have to move it if you want it to be correct. Bob

I have an ultex and it works great , my sensor is mounted on my dash , isn't the sensor just for jog feature ?

13. Member
    Not sure on the Ghost. If you wanted your jogging direction to be correct you would not want it to be wrong. In fact you can also share it with you humminbird fish finder if you wanted. Don't know if that will work on the ghost either. Different animal.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Then you would have to move it if you want it to be correct. Bob
    I've moved it all over the boat

When installing a heading sensor puck, you need to use an old school compass to find a location with no magnetic interference.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

16. LDraper
    All this talk about metal and magnetic fields makes me question how well The Ghost would work on a aluminum boat.

17. Member
    aluminum is non ferrous (no Iron involved) no problem with aluminum.

18. Banned
    I've moved it all over the boat

How are you moving it and keeping it so that it’s staying flat & pointed forwards? How is the cable/cord not pushing it up at an angle?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    How are you moving it and keeping it so that it’s staying flat & pointed forwards? How is the cable/cord not pushing it up at an angle?
    It's has a little slot where cable goes so it will lay flat. I've been moving it around the front deck of the boat trying to find a place where it will work

20. Member
    Is the Ghost different from the Ultrex? On the Ultrex, the puck has nothing to do with Spot Lock!

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast