Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    It has to do with spot lock "JOG"
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Is the Ghost different from the Ultrex? On the Ultrex, the puck has nothing to do with Spot Lock!

John

The ghost puck is a compass, I’m assuming it’s strictly for use as a heading sensor. Might be a receiver too though, not many specs posted about it. I haven’t seen anything about the ghost having a “jog” feature.

3. Member
    Looks like they call it TMC. Trolling motor compass. They would not include it if it had no function.
    From the manual
    Anchoring or heading issues:
    Perform calibration of the compass and/or bow offset.
    Refer to the Installation Manual.
    Appears anchor lock and course lock use the compass.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 12-27-2019 at 05:56 PM.

4. Member
    Its not a GPS puck but a directional sensor which is magnetic. Directions say put it at least two feet away from any large metal object- including the metal piston in the mount. My first placement was too close (in front of footpedal) and the spot lock acted like a "bucking bronco". I moved it to the starboard corner of the front deck and issue resolved.
    I believe my issue may have been to an Anchor Rein that is mounted on my front deck which has metal and interfered with the original puck position.

I see some pictures showing it mounted on the bow which does not make sense based on my experience. I suggest you try your original Ultrex puck placement first but be prepared to experiment with the Puck's location on the water.

5. Member
    Has anyone put a ghost on a welded 14 foot johnboat with everything wired and mounted correctly had having problems with the Ghost anchor lock and having the motor swing left and right during anchor lock? Even after calibrating the TMC and the bow offset?

Return and install Minnkota Ultrex...
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Has anyone put a ghost on a welded 14 foot johnboat with everything wired and mounted correctly had having problems with the Ghost anchor lock and having the motor swing left and right during anchor lock? Even after calibrating the TMC and the bow offset?

Have you tried swapping the tmc to another location?

8. Member
    It's too close to something that's interfering with it. Move it and make sure arrow pointing straight and it'll fix problem

9. Member
    TMC is NOT next to anything metallic and was verified with a compass.

10. Member
    Try moving anyway. From experience those things can be finicky

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    Try moving anyway. From experience those things can be finicky
    Yep, they are.

OP, did you use the screws it came with?

12. Member
    Yep, used the screws and I did try to mount the Tmc in a different location. I was just wondering if this boat is too light, which i don't believe it is to have this motor moving left and right very quickly.
    That is why i asked if anyone put this on a boat other than a full size bass boat.
    Next thing I will install it on my Status to see if that changes, but I would rather not do that yet.

13. Banned
    Could be a bad TMC, call lowrance and they’ll prob ship you a new one. I know my spotlock did the same thing, until I calibrated it. Then twice I killed power too it (pulled the plug out) without stowing it first and it reset, had to be calibrated again.

Do you need to use the puck if you won't use the jog feature, or does it do more than the Ultrex equivalent?

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Do you need to use the puck if you won't use the jog feature, or does it do more than the Ultrex equivalent?

Currently there is no jog feature on the ghost, the TMC is a compass and appears to be needed; but I did not try mine without it being attached. So who knows...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    I am having the same issue (over correcting left and right) on spot lock. It is installed on a 16' 2004 bass tracker. After MANY calls to Lowrance support (who have been great by the way) I still have not solved the issue. I have calibrated the heading sensor and the bow offset (many times) which didn't resolve the issue. I have also moved the TMC over many locations on the boat. What is strange is that at every location I have moved the TMC to spot lock has eventually worked at all of them at some point but not always of the first try, then wouldn't work the next time I engaged spot lock. I tried a new TMC from Lowrance with the same results. I have been trying to figure this out since November...I am beyond frustrated!

After reading through this and other threads I get the feeling I am getting some interference. It has to be something I am doing wrong. I wonder if interference is more of an issue with older aluminum boats? Does anyone else have the ghost installed on an older aluminum boat? Is so, any issues like this? Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

17. Member
    Minn Kota has a boat size adjustment on all their(ipilot and Link) motors now. I am sure eventually the bugs will get worked out on the new motors. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 02-18-2020 at 02:46 PM.

18. Member
    Mark,
    Good or bad I hear someone else is having the same issues.
    It would possibly be helpful to reach out to each other and try to solve these problems together as I am completely frustrated myself.
    This has been a long ongoing problem.

19. Banned
    Sounds like it’s an aluminum boat issue if 2 guys are having the same problem.

20. Member
    Alright guys I have been having some issues with my spotlock too. Talked to my buddy Jason who owns Bassboatelectronics & he said if the anchor mode is circling it is one of two problems. Either magnetic interference, or something is wrong with the TMC puck. After checking around mine with a compass and recognizing it was not interference, he suggested to loosen the screws up some. It fixed it. Really felt like an idiot but he said if the screws are in too tight it can hinder the movement of the interior compass. Hand screw your screws in when mounting. Still can't believe that is what was causing all of my issues, but she's worked like a charm ever sinceghostsnowpic.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast