Classic Reservations

Need to make reservations in Huntsville. What area do I need to be in that's closes to the lake. I realize they haven't announced the launch site yet. I'll be flying to Huntsville. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Making sure you know and you probably do. Classic is on Guntersville with weigh in in Birmingham approx. 85 miles apart. So stay around Guntersville Lake for fishing and B'ham. for show. Huntsville is closest major airport but wouldn't think you would stay there. I guess there are many options so tell us what you want to accomplish and we can help more.

3. Member
    Just want to be close to launch and stay in a safe yet close area. Will drive to Birm. after launch,breakfast for expo and weigh in.
    Really enjoy the launches....Thanks

4. Member
    I am guessing they will launch from Guntersville City dock and if so Hampton Inn would be a good choice. You can Google hotels in Guntersville and if a another brand or price better fits you go for it. If they launch from State Park you can stay there cabin or lodge.

5. Member
    The largest ramp on the lake is now Goose Pond but that’s north in Scottsboro. I was told the investment was made to accommodate the Classic but who knows?

6. Member
    You can try Cullman Al or somewhere in the middle of the launch and the Expo

7. Member
    Thanks for everyone's help. Got everything booked at a location that gives us access wherever the take-off is. I did speak with several people in Guntersville that told me take-off location is a Mega secret for whatever reason. Hope to see you there.

8. Member
    I am guessing the Guntersville City Park as well. Goose Pond in Scottsboro is at least 30 minutes further from the civic center in Birmingham than the City Park ramp.