Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Hula grub on a weedless head skipped under docks or pontoons is deadly up here... I had milk runs on several lakes that almost always produced.

Fish the most productive areas, sometimes it's docks, sometimes it's not. Would rather fish offshore.

3. Member
    Absolutely fish them. Around these parts a number of them are extremely shallow, the keys are in always finding something different... a deep dock, heavy grass, down timber and so on

Love fishing docks.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Well with the 4" of clearance between that and the boat lift, if you ain't under the dock you are not getting bit on some of the lakes. It is either under, or skipping under the pontoon next to it.
    Well, If there is a pontoon next to the dock, That is normally the better choice of cover for the fish and their food. I was talking about a lonely dock.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    I guess I am an oddball. I hate fishing docks. Only do it when I have too. Typically only in tx.
    +1 Can't stand fishing docks...

Tom

I do but there is not a lot of em around here.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Well, If there is a pontoon next to the dock, That is normally the better choice of cover for the fish and their food. I was talking about a lonely dock.
    +2 not a fan. I try putting myself in the lake owners shoes. Wouldn't want anyone throwing a 1/2 oz jig near / around my boat on a lift. Docks are like the "popular" girl in school, a magnate for most guys to "fish"...Much rather fish offshore or subtle structure changes that are near shore. Both equate to less fishing pressure IMO.

I’ve spent many years fishing Lake of the Ozark so the answer is obviously yes.

10. Member
    All three very good dock lakes and also a prominent pattern. Jackson is losing more and more of the good old run down docks that were so productive though. I like the oldest most run dock I can find, those always seem to hold fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by olfisher View Post
    lake jackson , sinclair , bartletts ferry in ga all loaded with docks where i learned how to fish and have caught thousands off docks. ya could say i love them. and these lakes are just the start.

I enjoy dock fishing.

12. Member
    I love skipping docks and rolling spinner baits by them
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

Better fish docks on most lakes around here. The uglier the better. The ones that are hardest to get a bait under are best. Docks are best on the sunniest days, shady side, windy side. A dropshot along the sides has produced some great days for me. Best way to fill a limit if other stuff hasn’t paid off.

There is a lake near Fork I love to fish, it is Lake Tawakoni. Crazy thing is the worse the dock looks and often the shallower it is the better fish you catch on it. Can literally be a small metal poled dock in 18" of water but you can roll up on it and catch a good limit on it. You can then go find a beautifully brushed out docks, lots of shade and everything you would want to see in a dock and not get bit. Its carzy out there in that regard.

I also fish a lake that is deep and clear and use SI to find the docks that have the concrete exposed that is anchoring the metal boles in the lake bottom. Sometimes there will be concrete exposed at the base of the poles. Those can and are big fish magnets. They will hold on the concrete.

15. Scraps
    I do. In general I like target fishing and challenging myself to make accurate casts. The issue around me, Upper Chesapeake, is that most docks are really easy to cast around. High up off the water to account for the tides and waves.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

16. Member
    As a last resort when all else has failed and no other options exist.
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

Nope, can't stand it and glad I don't have to do it.

I love it! Docks and tire reefs...would just about rather fish them than anything else!

19. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    I live in N.C. you better fish docks or get yor money taken from you, go to lake Norman in late April early may, catch spots on docks you will love it.
    Yep, 50+ a day is nothing.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

20. Member
    Love skipping docks!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast